A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: our fake life  (Read 2377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 23, 2008 04:31:28 PM »

So, my mother and I bought this bag of miscenllaneous stickers from JoAnne's. In the bag where stickers for things we know we'll never do  like white water rating and the kentucky derby. So we're making a fake life scrapbook for kicks. For example - for the kentucky derby we're making huge hats and going to a local stable andtaking a photo. For mardi gras we are going to take a pic of us with beads etc, etc.

Any ideas? Seen any outrageous themed scrapbooking stickers???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008 04:34:32 PM »

no ideas here, but that sounds like a lot of fun Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
arlmatt
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008 09:01:42 AM »

what a really fun idea for pages and how to use things that would just sit around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
antigone
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008 04:16:10 AM »

That is so much fun!!! Cheesy Wouldn't it be great if someone found your scrapbook and had to wonder about your lives, if you make it really outrageous? I can also imagine making a fake vintage scrapbook or journal and hiding it somewhere where people will find it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shae16
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008 04:22:56 AM »

That is hilarious, and also way more fun than just scrappin' about regular things like Christmas.  Sounds like you have great inspiration to CREATE memories for your kids. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008 05:18:13 PM »

ha ha. thanks! We think we might give the book to our grandmother for next xmas, because a looooong time ago she made a story book b put our faces on random pictures (back when scanner first became affordable, lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Luna1375
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008 08:41:53 PM »

If I did something like this, I'd totally have myself traveling in time and space.  You know, like back in pioneer days, or vacationing on the moon.  Or even fictional places, like Hogwarts or Narnia or something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vamping
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008 07:58:50 PM »

Great and creative idea!!!  What a great way to use stuff up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008 11:40:04 PM »

This is a great idea! Also makes for good practice with techniques and layouts. Going out and taking pictures to make it look like you were really there cracks me up the most and I want to do that too; you're building a new and REAL set of memorable moments to look back on in that process!  Cheesy
 I'd want to keep it just baaarely over the top in terms of plausibility/possibility, so those who see the book without knowing you would really have to wonder about whether it was true, rather than knowing right off that it was just a story.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking photo or rubberstamp of a school of sardines crammed together facing the same way (much like people in a crowd)
kstaron
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008 05:25:28 PM »

oh so cool,  go to a harbor and take a picture next to a cruise ship, or a travel office and get a close up next to a poster just so that it looks like its the background and not actually a poster, Put in magazine photos of people doing those things from far away and making up a story about what happened to you...

Good luck and many adventures in your fake life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...