A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Our 3D Anatomical Heart - Inspired by : Jane Doe  (Read 4175 times)
Tags for this thread: anatomical_heart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2008 08:18:23 PM »

Hello

My Boy Friend and I are both super exited about this ... A few Hours ago we saw this post : https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=220716.0 by the talented Jane Doe...( thank you for posting) any way we were super inspired and we colaberated on our own version ... The heart is actually only one part of A bigger outfit we are in the process of ( this Idea became huge  Grin) ... any way tell us what you think .....

OK here is the heart pined on my dress form ( we were at first going to use it as a broach ...( But then we developed the idea for the  rest of the outfit .. that you will see in a later post ) Grin

The camera didn't do it justice really .. there are 4 different layers of different nylon fabric and the veins are sewn in between the layers ... the deeper veins are blue cord and the surface veins are shades of red.... for the tubes we used aquarium tubing and stretched the nylon over them

Rodney carved it from packing foam ..We both decided on fabric and placement of veins etc ... and I did the Hand sewing

Thanks so much for looking
Have a great night
Jayne and Rodney

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008 08:18:59 PM by violentjayne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jolliebell
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008 08:31:26 PM »

Am I the first to reply? How can this be? Your (and Rodney's) heart is amazing! The detail and thought that went into it... it's unbelievable! I'm on the edge of my cushy seat to see what the rest of the outfit ends up being, but while I wait, I'm going to fantasize about a teeny anatomical heart brooch...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008 08:43:57 PM »

I can't get enough of these glorious hearts!  I love it and cannot wait to see what the entire outfit entails.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts Chats Swaps
Jane Doe
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008 01:27:46 PM »

Oh wow!
I really like the direction you took this.
Using the layers of fabric really give it that organic feel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jerryleetypes
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008 04:40:32 AM »

That looks awesome. Please tell me that the outfit you're making is going to be the rest of the insides..inside out? That would be so rad. When I was 16 I made plush ribs, heart, etc and sewed it to a tee shirt and splattered a bunch of red paint on it. It was kind of morbid but it looked really cool, especially considering my (at the time) rudimentary sewing skills. But yeah, this heart looks great... hope to see it in an upcoming post on the clothing board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kcurrin
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008 01:15:04 PM »

That is really cool.  It must be fun to craft together Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008 01:31:09 PM »

thanks guys .. we almost have the rest of the top done .. it will prolly be a while before I get to the " lower " part of the Anatomic outfit ..but look for the finished top in the clothing board in the next few days .. I really hope you all like it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...