A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: school fairs... school spirit or not so much?  (Read 1594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

iwrite
« on: January 13, 2008 11:39:20 PM »

Is it a good idea to play towards the 'school spirit' or not? things like, Scarfs and hats in the school colors, Plushies of the cheerleaders or mascots, Crocheted mini plushies on key chains.... What do you think? Is it a good idea to target towards school goers (more like the parents of the school goers...) or better to go with other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently addicted to: Crochet
Want to learn: How to sew clothes
Circlesofstone
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008 06:47:32 AM »

I have not done a craft fair at a high school, but I have done a couple at a local middle school (grades 6-8). I make jewelry and did sell some earrings and necklaces with the school mascot (wolf) on it, but not as much as I thought I would.

At another show I talked to some of the high school cheerleaders, of course I pointed out that I had jewelry in their school colors. I was told that when they are in uniform they are not allowed to wear any jewelry at all. I was shocked! As a result, none of them seemed interested in buying it at all. The ones I did end up selling to were the mothers who wanted something to wear to their kids' sports games.

I also made some leather necklaces with the high school mascot which was a rattlesnake. It was a pewter pendant that either a male or female could wear. My high school aged son wore it to school and actually sold more for me than I did at the fair! Once people saw him wearing it, they kept asking where he got it.

So I guess I'm saying it is worth a try, but don't overload your table with just the school colors. If it proves to be popular, you can take orders.

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iwrite
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008 08:17:37 PM »

Thank you for your reply =) I was a cheerleader, and the reason they can wear jewlery is mostly safty related, and a little bit uniforminty related =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently addicted to: Crochet
Want to learn: How to sew clothes
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...