A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,952
Currently Running With Scissors:
322 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What's your favorite Resolution project?  (Voting closed: March 20, 2008 07:06:29 PM)
- 5 (12.5%)
- 11 (27.5%)
- 1 (2.5%)
- 7 (17.5%)
- 1 (2.5%)
- 7 (17.5%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 1 (2.5%)
- 1 (2.5%)
- 1 (2.5%)
- 1 (2.5%)
- 4 (10%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 New Year's Resolution Knitting Challenge  (Read 19722 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_challenge_new_years_resolution  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008 09:53:39 PM »

Hello my sweet - I have a question.

Can I add some more coordinating items to my original?

This particular challenge is all about getting your knit on, and I want to encourage you to keep on trying new things, so feel free to add to your thread if you'd like.  However, as with other challenges, I will only ask that you pick one of your items to be your actual entry for the voting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
kathleenalice
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008 03:34:23 AM »

Hello my sweet - I have a question.

Can I add some more coordinating items to my original?

This particular challenge is all about getting your knit on, and I want to encourage you to keep on trying new things, so feel free to add to your thread if you'd like.  However, as with other challenges, I will only ask that you pick one of your items to be your actual entry for the voting.

Thanks for the clarification my love. I'll keep going and I'll post pictures for interest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeltwaySpinner

Living the Dream

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008 09:35:57 AM »

Oh wow.  I can't believe I just found this thread.  I only just learned to knit, so my projects in Jan and Feb have ALL been firsts.  First sweater, first fair isle, first 'in the round', first lace, first socks, first Magic Loop.  I didn't think to document or photograph them though, except through my project notes on Ravelry.  I guess I still have time to start another one... but with only a week to whip up something, it won't be too impressive. Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathleenalice
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008 05:52:51 PM »

hiya love - i just realised - it's a leap year. is the 28th definately the deadline? i reckon i might finish tomorrow if not wednesday but i'm cutting it fine enough for a day to make the difference!

fear not! i'm all finished!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008 05:04:29 PM by kathleenalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008 07:58:52 PM »

Well, it was an excellent challenge - it got me knitting socks - I got one almost done and hated how loose it was, so wanted to switch to a smaller needle, but had to order it. It came too late for me to finish my socks ...

BUT - the challenge did what it was meant to do - expand my horizon - so I thank you so much for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008 07:08:50 AM »

Then it was a success!  I'm sorry you didn't get your project finished, but I'm just happy to read that it got you thinking of new things to try. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008 09:00:39 AM »

I have been working like a dog so I never got to start mine. But hopefully I can soon even though it won't be for the challenge. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rainkeltoia
Heathen

ame megami 雨女神

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008 03:49:47 PM »

Yes Thank you Lothruin! I would never have dared do cabling (well not for a while) if it hadn't been for the challenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Without Rain There Can Be No Rainbows
kathleenalice
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2008 12:40:09 PM »

hello...am i missing something or has voting not started yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008 02:55:13 PM »

I finished my slipper socks a week or so ago, but my computer/camera are not cooperating at this time, so I didn't end up getting my entry up (which is ok because I think the entries that have been posted are great).  I probably wouldn't have tried socks yet if it weren't for the challenge, so thanks Lothruin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups
@Home This Weekend: Remote Caddy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Rhumba Earrings

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...