A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,839
Currently Running With Scissors:
295 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: man-gagement ring?  (Read 13453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
letuescarpe

I'm a jackass of all trades.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009 11:47:57 AM »

Reading this thread just totally inspired me. I want my guy to wear *some* sort of engagement jewelry, but I'd rather save the ring for once we're married. I had been thinking about getting him a nice watch, but that wouldn't say "TAKEN" the way I want it to... so then I realized that I needed something that *literally* said TAKEN on it.

And I found this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PHORF2

I ordered it and can't wait to give it to him. I know he will love it, and will love wearing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009 02:57:03 PM »

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod I love that buckle! We already got married, so he's got his wedding band already but I think I just may buy that for myself hah Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
IntendedChaos

Wife, crafter, artist, dreamer, and friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009 01:00:23 PM »

well, i didn't get my fiancee a ring after getting engaged, but a few weeks after we started dating, he gave me his high school class ring (he was a senior when we first started dating), and so i gave him a hand-made sivler ring with a blue opal stone in it that i had worn everyday since i was like..14 maybe. we both put each others rings on a chain and wore them around our necks 24/7 since then so i always thought that served as a pretty good sign that he was taken  Grin. But, i'm pretty sure that if i got him his own engagement ring he'd be happy to wear it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife, poor artist/art student, crafter, DIY'er, amateur home decorator/ fashion stylist, dreamer, and friend. In no particular order Wink
http://doseofdarling.blogspot.com
BadWolf
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2009 12:32:37 PM »

My man and I just got engaged on July 2nd. My ring is from etsy and it's silver stamped with "wyjoziesz za mnie"(Polish for "will you marry me"), so his mangagement ring will say "OK!" on his. Now we just have to figure out his ring size...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2009 01:16:34 PM »

My hubby-to-be was actually kind of pissed when he learned that guys don't normally get engagement rings of their own, haha! But at the same time, he rarely wears jewelry, and didn't actually want a ring. (He's afraid he would lose it.)

I proposed to him with a piece of his favorite pizza. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do believe in the power of stuff..." - Sokka

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore

Water Tribe Hufflepuff, married to an Earth Nation Ravenclaw.
kitkatsve
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2009 12:07:40 PM »

Just got married a few weeks back. My husband is Swedish and some people here do what we did, which is that the guy wears his wedding ring on the ring finger of the right hand until the wedding day as a sign of engagement. He was more than happy to wear the ring after I suggested it (I read about it somewhere - a magazine, I think) but we weren't too organised with the whole ring thing, so I got my engagement ring months after he proposed (mainly as we had so many problems deciding!) and his wedding/man-gagement ring (love that name for it Grin) was not ready until a couple of months before the wedding - actually just in time for his stag night!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cia_Moonchild

Who in their right mind can resist pretty things?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2009 02:11:08 PM »

I'm Swedish and here the traditional way is that when getting engaged both the guy and the girl get a ring, and then on the wedding day only the girl gets a ring. Ofcourse the downside to this is that normally the whole proposing thing ends up being a joint descision on getting a pair of rings. My parents got engaged after walking by the window of a jewlry store and my dad saying "should we get a pair of those?"... not terribly romantic. Ofcourse the tradition makes it easier to do as I've planned and propose to my man instead of the other way around  Wink

ETA: The mans engagement ring turns in to a wedding ring once he's married.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009 02:14:35 PM by Cia_Moonchild » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pretty things are the meaning of life, pretty crafted things are bigger than life.
greyskybutterfly
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2009 06:06:39 PM »

My fiance and I have had a very unusual engagement so far. We started out with a very simple CZ ring from claires, and when that broke, we got another CZ ring from amazon, and when that broke Tongue (apparently I'm rough on rings) we decided to wait until we had the funds for something more durable. I really had my heart set on a channel set diamond ring, but after looking around a bit more I fell in LOVE with sapphires. My ring is small, it's sapphire, and it has two barely-there diamonds beside it and I couldn't possibly love it more. I feel like it means more because it's not a giant rock, it's more personal and unique. Sapphire is not only his birthstone, but it's also the stone of fidelity, which I think makes it a perfect stone for an engagement ring. Also, since our engagement was less of a surprise and more of a mutual agreement, I got him a ring too. Which he proudly wears everyday. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2009 09:52:11 PM »

i have known my boyfriend for 7 or 8 years now, he worked with my dad when i was 14 and he was 21. we've only been dating for 4 months, but we are going to get married. and instead of a ring, i gave him a key. i bought a necklace shaped like a heart with part missing and the key fits it perfectly. until i get a necklace for his, he carries it around happily in his wallet. which is fine by me =) and as corny as it sounds it fits us perfectly.

i think any man willing to carry around or wear a token of love from the girl he is with is a man worth marrying. and i would be offended if he refused to wear it or if it just ended up tossed somewhere in his room like everything else in the world, maybe even the titanic is in that room!

it's good to know i'm not the only crazy one though =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shalyn
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2009 08:40:48 PM »

My hubby and I wear matching Claddagh bands (traditional Irish wedding ring) that we started each wearing at engagement as you can wear the ring in different positions to show if you are single, dating, engaged or married.  It was very important to me that he should wear an 'engagement ring" as well because I do believe both sides should declare their commitment equally.  I had a different Claddagh ring that I wore before we were engaged which he got engraved with the Gaelic word for beloved on the inside and he now keeps that old ring on his key chain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...