A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 314,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simplicity 3686 - easy, versatile pants pattern  (Read 9065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Kaitlinnegan
« on: January 03, 2008 06:29:41 PM »

Without further ado, here are the pictures ~

Edited 10/9/2008: Photos seem to not be cooperating 100%, so here's a link to my picasa album: Pictures here

Front:

Back:

Front closeup:

Pocket closeup:

This was a great pattern -- easy to put together, but with some unique detailing.  The pockets look complicated, but really are pretty simple to do.  I would definitely recommend this pattern to a beginner with some experience (but not an *absolute* beginner, as there are kind of a lot of pieces and steps).  It would make a good pattern for a first attempt at pants -- this is only my second pair of pants.  The wide leg means you don't have to deal with fitting issues in the legs.  The crotch could need adjusting, but for me it was fine as is.  As far as sizing, I was between two sizes and cut the smaller size, which fits well.  The fabric is a cotton-spandex twill, and was very easy to work with.

ETA: I forgot to mention that the pattern also has an option for slim leg pants, which also look great.  I hope to try them in the near future!

Questions, comments, suggestions?  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008 05:07:07 PM by Kaitlinnegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing message board: Sew What's Up
runaweasgood
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008 07:06:41 PM »

Those look great! I hope that soon I'll have the courage to try pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
longtimegeek
Still crazy after all these years....

betta and betta....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008 07:56:23 PM »

Cool - I have been looking for a good wide-leg pants pattern.  This looks like a really nice one and will keep it in mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jasar31629
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008 08:29:32 PM »

I love wl pants...they look great on you!  I need to try some soon...but whenever I sew something it seems to be for my little girl  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008 08:32:07 AM »

I love the style of these and am going to have to try this pattern out for myself, excellent job, well done xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008 11:36:15 AM »

Thanks everyone!  These are really a quick sew.  There are quite a few pieces, so it took a while for me to cut everything out, but I did most of the sewing on New Year's Eve day.  I probably could have finished them that day if I had been more efficient, but all I had left to finish up was hems, buttons and trouser hooks, and hand stitching the waistband facing (the pattern calls for stitching in the ditch, but it didn't look right to me when I did it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing message board: Sew What's Up
JennasMommy
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008 10:48:28 AM »

Great job, awesome review. I am a beginner with sewing exp (purses, childrens clothing) so maybe this could be the flareleg pattern I have been looking for... if it also comes in plus sizing Roll Eyes. I always assumed making adult clothing (especially pants) would be super hard so thats why I haven't attempted yet. Bookmarking this pattern for later, still working on DD's summer clothes. Thanks!

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violetta27
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008 08:03:44 PM »

Wow, you did a fabulous job on these.  I actually bought this same pattern a while back and have been nervous to attempt it.  After seeing how nice they look I am definitely going to have to try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008 02:19:57 PM »

This IS a very easy pattern for the somewhat experienced sewer, I like the fit very much. Directions are great, the pieces are easy enough to understand. The zipper method ROCKS.

Would definately second this recommendation, a few different pants options make a few different pairs made the same way look different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Knitters Delight
Knitters Delight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008 02:24:24 PM »

I just bought 8 new Simplicity patterns that went on sale for $1 at Joanne's. Boy - do I wish I had seen this post. I'll be getting this pattern once a sale comes on again, for sure! They look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...