A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 321,510
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Warm patchwork skirt  (Read 9843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

blomsterböna
« on: January 02, 2008 02:03:45 AM »

Hello!
I made this skirt to wear over your jeans or other clothes.
It's made from patchwork panels I made and lined with fleece. It's a separating zipper in the left side that goes from waist to knee and a 30cm slit in the right side.
I came up with the idea because I need warm clothes in the winter when I'm out for a walk for example. But then I might want to sit down in a coffee shop and then I need to change and thats not always very convenient among people Grin. So this skirt is very easy to take on and of. I'm very pleased with it besides the fleece tend to stick to the trousers beneath sometimes. (Depends on their material) It would have been better with a slippery fabric over the fleece. But it was hard enough to get one layer of lining in place so thats the way it is.

Pictures:

panels

front

back

lining

zipper

pocket

What do you think? Comments and questions are most welcome. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008 03:55:05 AM »

I like it. Smiley It is different, and unusual. Not only in colors, but both pattern and design.

For me though I most likely would were it just with tights, instead of pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
icats
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008 04:43:12 AM »

That rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TracyInNH

Wow, how'd you do that??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008 06:33:00 AM »

That's pretty neat... great idea.  It's pretty cold here, but we still need to get outside for a bit.  I may try this, it's much more feminine than wresting into snow pants over my jeans Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
dancingrabbit
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008 06:33:11 AM »

I like it. Smiley It is different, and unusual. Not only in colors, but both pattern and design.

You know, I love it with the jeans.  I think it's cute, plus I bet it keeps the bum warm when the wind starts to blow.  We're experiencing our first really cold weather of the year here, and I'm now wishing I had something similar.

I love the pocket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mystico_tala
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008 07:58:04 AM »

That is such a neat idea!!   I love the design Smiley  It's like a jacket for your legs, lol.  Super cute Smiley  If I ever live somewhere that is actually cold, I'll have to make some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Blog
blomsterböna
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008 08:41:28 AM »

You know, I love it with the jeans.  I think it's cute, plus I bet it keeps the bum warm when the wind starts to blow.  We're experiencing our first really cold weather of the year here, and I'm now wishing I had something similar.

I love the pocket!

It really keeps your bum warm. It's very cosy.
I didn't plan to do a pocket at first.
The first star I sew became to small. I think I forgot the seam allowance Roll Eyes.
Then I used it as a pocket and it is very good to keep your reflector brick in at daytime and have it handy when it gets darker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alyzen
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008 09:08:02 AM »

That's fantastic!  I'm inspired.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Post apocalyptic, steampunk, tribal fusion clothing and accessories.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/apocalipsca
sunnymoody
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008 11:50:18 AM »

That's a cool and unique skirt, I'd wear it! Although,I 'd rock it with some wide legged sweat or knit pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CailynDragon
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008 10:56:45 PM »

That's so cool!  I love the stars.  I wish I'd thought of that when I had to wait for the school bus at 6am  Tongue  I bet my mother in law would love that skirt too; I might have to steal your idea and make her one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My new knitting blog- I'm so excited! http://dailyskein.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands
Halloween Houses (Haunted, of course!)
Meatless Monday: Golden Apple Cornbread

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...