A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
240 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jiffy Tube-Top in a Jiff!  (Read 23243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sneakyskittle88
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2006 05:46:31 PM »

o don't even worry about it! i only figured out circulars when i started to work on this exact tube top.

if you're k2p2'ing all the way around, i honestly don't remember if the first and last group are both k2, but i doubt they are. if so, i probably would just dump the extra two knit stitches or add in two purl stitches. if you don't do either of those, you will end up with one larger rib chunk (made of four knit stitches, rather than two)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quikroxy85
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2006 06:43:04 PM »

thanks! Problem fixed!!!

I will have some pics when I am finished, I have just completed the bottom ribbing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quikroxy85
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007 11:50:18 AM »

Done~ I turned this into a tank top by knitting I-cords to the top! It's a little big, so my idea for a tank top works even better! (or it'd most def. fall off without the straps!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2007 05:56:44 PM »

oooh oooh ooh must make

does anyone have any ideas about a forgiving bind-off?
sorry didn't search about this in this post, but i know how to do a sewn bind off, go to knitty.com and searxh the articles for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mari_13

I knit...therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2007 11:50:48 AM »

For the ladies who've made this, how many stitches did you CO?  I CO 92 stitches (with a size 9 circ) and it looks pretty small.  Does it stretch?  I'm normally a small, with a 34 in bust but it's looking pretty tight.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mari
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quikroxy85
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2007 12:12:14 PM »

Mari,

the ribbing is very stretchy. You and I are probably about the same size, and I worked on a size 9 or 10 (don't remember exactly right now). It ended up being too big. If you look above, you will see I had to make it into a tank top...

Your 9 SHOULD be fine (thinking about it, I think I made it with a 10), esp. since the "small" part is the ribbing... it stretches a LOT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimosabe001
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2007 04:25:30 PM »

that's so beautiful! maybe i'll make it sometime! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mari_13

I knit...therefore I am

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2007 07:45:40 PM »

Quikroxy85 - Thanks for the tip.  Did you use Jiffy yarn?  I'm really crossing my finger that it fits!  Because working with this Jiffy is a pain!  Thanks again!

Mari
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatyerhartout
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2007 08:51:35 PM »

I'd really like to make this and modify it into a tank, but unfortunately it seems the original poster's blog is down or not found or something.  Sad Has anyone else been having trouble accessing it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
quikroxy85
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2007 09:07:21 PM »

I did use Jiffy. What kind of problems are you having with it? (I don't remember having any issues, but if you share, maybe I or someone else will have some pointers for you!)

I LOVE the pattern and the tank, and if it fit better i'd prob wear it (it's just sitting in my room), BUT it's a THICK tank top... (so hopefully you have super mild weather... not too hot or too cold!)
It was an INCREDIBLY good learning experience if nothing else.
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...