A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
206 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrapbook for friend - help needed!  (Read 3153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ohbang
« on: January 06, 2005 10:56:14 AM »

This is my first post here, so bear with me. I love craftster, btw. It has such inspiration and everyone seems so friendly and helpful =)
My friend told me today, that in a year and a half, her and her family are moving to Texas. She used to live there, but moved here (london) when she was two. She's British, but is moving due to her Dad's job.

I want to make her a scrapbook and fill it with memories of her life and friends here. Something that she can treasure and keep forever. I'd like to start 'collecting' stuff for it as soon as I can. She's not going until late July 06, but I want to gather stuff from now, and eventually put everything into a scrapbook. I've never made a scrapbook before, so any help would be apreciated v. much. (I know it seems ages away, but I want to fill it with TONS of stuff) I'm going to give it to her before she goes..

I think I should put photos and notes into it. I also think I should put food labels (and stuff like that) in it. Stuff that's British and not available in America. Stuff like:

x Cadbury's chocolate wrappers
x Heinz baked beans wrappers
x Walkers crisp wrappers
x Cinema tickets.. because we don't have PG13 and stuff like that. Our ratings are different
x Maps of the area we live in (like train routes)
x Bus tickets
x Carrier bag snippets from shops like Accesorize and Topshop
x Chewing gum wrappers

I can't think of anything else to add :/
If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreicate it a lot if you could share them =) I have no clue how to scrapbook bind either. Does anyone know what tools and stuff you need?
Thanks xo
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005 11:02:51 AM by ohbang » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is a story of a girl, who cried a river and drown the whole world"
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005 11:48:11 AM »

That is a wonderful gift for a friend. I made one for a friend who was moving. We were in a lot of plays together and I wanted to make him a book with pictures from the plays we did together. Your list sounds great. I love using postcards in my books too, so that may be something you could put in. I would take pictures you and your friend. Just take a lot of pictures and use those, adding favorite song lyrics, quotes from movies, all kinds of stuff.
As far as baisc tools to you will need are:

12 Paper Trimmer

Small Sharp scissors

Acid free adhesive
(photo splints/tape runner)

Acid free glue pen
(Zig/Sailor/Glue Stick)

Black fine tip journaling pen

Sharp pencil

Vinyl eraser

and of course the scrapbook and all the goodies to put in the book. Have fun. Once you start scrapbooking you will not stop. Good luck.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
ohbang
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005 10:32:15 AM »

That is a wonderful gift for a friend. I made one for a friend who was moving. We were in a lot of plays together and I wanted to make him a book with pictures from the plays we did together. Your list sounds great. I love using postcards in my books too, so that may be something you could put in. I would take pictures you and your friend. Just take a lot of pictures and use those, adding favorite song lyrics, quotes from movies, all kinds of stuff.
As far as baisc tools to you will need are:

12 Paper Trimmer

Small Sharp scissors

Acid free adhesive
(photo splints/tape runner)

Acid free glue pen
(Zig/Sailor/Glue Stick)

Black fine tip journaling pen

Sharp pencil

Vinyl eraser

and of course the scrapbook and all the goodies to put in the book. Have fun. Once you start scrapbooking you will not stop. Good luck.  Smiley

Thanks theatregirl25 =) That sounds great. I'll definatly re-read your reply once I put the scrapbook together! Thanks for wishing me luck - I too, hope it goes well =). lol. Thanks again <3 xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005 10:39:39 AM »

Make sure you use everything ACID FREE.  You don't want the stuff deteriorating after only a few years. 

I agree with the pictures idea.  Take pictures of all her other friends as well, so it's not just a "you and her" book.  Get them to write fun messages under their pictures! 

Look through magazines (Not Newspapers, they'll yellow and possibly harm your other things) to see if there are cartoons depicting activities you enjoy, etc.

Have fun with it!  It's a gift from the heart, and I'm sure she'll love it!  You might want to make one for yourself, too, so you have something to remember as well!  Just get doubles on the pictures and that sort of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
ohbang
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005 10:56:06 AM »

Make sure you use everything ACID FREE.  You don't want the stuff deteriorating after only a few years. 

I agree with the pictures idea.  Take pictures of all her other friends as well, so it's not just a "you and her" book.  Get them to write fun messages under their pictures! 

Look through magazines (Not Newspapers, they'll yellow and possibly harm your other things) to see if there are cartoons depicting activities you enjoy, etc.

Have fun with it!  It's a gift from the heart, and I'm sure she'll love it!  You might want to make one for yourself, too, so you have something to remember as well!  Just get doubles on the pictures and that sort of thing.

Thanks cloudbreakchick =) I'm sure I will have fun with it, altough I *must* remember when I buy stuff for putting it togther, to get acid free paper. Thanks for warning me about that - your right, I don't want stuff deteriotating! Yep, I agree, I don't want it being a "me and her book" lol. A "her, her friends and her London life" book is what I'm aiming for =) Thank you <3 xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Wooden Spoons
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...