A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Want to join a Craft swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 321,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
132 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to make belts?  (Read 2142 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

freakymysty
« on: January 05, 2005 03:02:45 PM »

Alright, I seem to think of weird things to make but here goes: I want to make belts.  There's a specific one I have in mind right now but I also just want to know how to make belts in general.  I know about ribbon belts and all that but how do you make, uhm, real belts that are big and sturdy like leather belts are?  I don't want to use leather though (I love animals Smiley). 

The belt I want to make -^.  I like almost everything about it except for the initials. So I guess the belt is made out of elastic because there's no way to make adjustments to the size.  I could use webbing but I'd have to attach three colors together and that would probably be too thick for a belt loop.  How would I put color on the elastic, dye or paint?  I want to make sure the colors won't run if I get wet (it's been raining a lot here in Texas).  I need suggestions for what to replace the CD with?  Maybe I could just use red, green, and yellow fabric in the yellow loops and make it a tie belt.  That sounds cool... hmm.  Anyhoo, offer any tips you might have for this belt or just belt-making in general.

(I hope this is in the right spot, I figured belts are accessories for clothing so... heh? Move it if it shouldn't be here.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005 03:16:02 PM »

hmmm...  actually, in that picture it seems to me like you can adjust it.  on the back it looks like there's a ring type adjustment.  I think it probably is webbing/cotton webbing, and you can find it in stripes like that (probably more likely on the web than in a store).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...