A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
275 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not your ordinary Fat Bottom Bag, Image Heavy....  (Read 5595 times)
Tags for this thread: fat_bottom_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 27, 2007 07:39:46 PM »

This is my first fat bottom bag. Since Christmas is over and I'm not making for everyone else I was able to finish this yesterday and this bag is for ME! Grin.  I had two people try to buy it from me today, I am keeping it.....

This is a picture that shows the size of the bag (my 18 year old son is modeling, that is why he has his hood up....hee hee).

Here is the shell after I lined it with Illini fabric Wink.

All crocheted and straps lined before assembly

Put together, I added snaps and made the buttons

Put together and full - I added a cell phone pocket on one end and a larger pocket on the other for sunglasses, pens, etc.

I also sewed up a larger envelop type pouch to hold my combs, bills, anything long and a small zippered pouch.

Thanks for looking and I apologize for all the pics, I love to hear your comments!
Judy

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008 06:39:58 PM by pjherbert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007 07:49:46 PM »

I really like this bag!  It makes me happy, the shape is great, and the action shot looks great too.  I love the hidden fun fabric.  Did you knit or crochet the outer portion?

wonderful job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
Saphrodite
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007 07:51:10 PM »

That is absolutely stunning! I'm not surprised people wanted to buy it! I love how the outside looks classy, but the lining is vibrant and fun.

Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007 08:46:15 PM »

this is really cool!!

Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007 11:29:18 PM »

<--- ex-champaign dweller

i stole the heart of a UC native and drug him back out west with me.

we'll always be UIUC fans.  did you say you were selling your bag?  heh JUST KIDDING.  i read your post, plus i don't want to seem like i'm disrupting the no selling in regular post rule.

the bag looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
pjherbert

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007 05:51:29 PM »

I really like this bag!  It makes me happy, the shape is great, and the action shot looks great too.  I love the hidden fun fabric.  Did you knit or crochet the outer portion?

wonderful job!!!

It is crochet, I love carrying it, it is so nice and light!

<--- ex-champaign dweller

i stole the heart of a UC native and drug him back out west with me.

we'll always be UIUC fans.  did you say you were selling your bag?  heh JUST KIDDING.  i read your post, plus i don't want to seem like i'm disrupting the no selling in regular post rule.

the bag looks great.

I would not want to disrupt the no selling rule either, I have never sold one, I always give my bags away!  Grin  Go Illini!
Thanks for the comments!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007 05:52:10 PM by pjherbert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

roundhouseknitter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008 06:05:53 AM »

This is my first fat bottom bag. Since Christmas is over and I'm not making for everyone else I was able to finish this yesterday and this bag is for ME! Grin.  I had two people try to buy it from me today, I am keeping it.....

This is a picture that shows the size of the bag (my 18 year old son is modeling, that is why he has his hood up....hee hee).

Here is the shell after I lined it with Illini fabric Wink.

Okay I'm really fascinated with how your bags are lined with materal! Do you cut the material to the size of crocheted pieces or do you crochet all of a piece and cut after and then kinda insert and sew. I've been a sewer and crocheter and knitter like forever but I line my bags with a canvas tote bag. Boring! What I'm trying to gush is that your bags look so very professional with their linings. I really love how the two crafts are mixed looking so beautifully! And I cannot get my mind around how people can do that! So, is this crocheted in sections, lined and constructed that way, or crocheted in sections, pieces cut to those sections, and then constructed separatedly and then put together? The pockets are amazing. And the colors! Ouch, I love it!! Hope you don't mind me asking. I really would love it give something like this a try. Thanks for showing the amazing possibilities! Have a nice day.

All crocheted and straps lined before assembly

Put together, I added snaps and made the buttons

Put together and full - I added a cell phone pocket on one end and a larger pocket on the other for sunglasses, pens, etc.

I also sewed up a larger envelop type pouch to hold my combs, bills, anything long and a small zippered pouch.

Thanks for looking and I apologize for all the pics, I love to hear your comments!
Judy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
scrappynhappy

Life is a song...dance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008 08:36:03 AM »

I can see why people are trying to buy it from you!  It is darling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fabric makes me happy:).
pjherbert

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008 11:04:00 AM »

Okay I'm really fascinated with how your bags are lined with materal! Do you cut the material to the size of crocheted pieces or do you crochet all of a piece and cut after and then kinda insert and sew. I've been a sewer and crocheter and knitter like forever but I line my bags with a canvas tote bag. Boring! What I'm trying to gush is that your bags look so very professional with their linings. I really love how the two crafts are mixed looking so beautifully! And I cannot get my mind around how people can do that! So, is this crocheted in sections, lined and constructed that way, or crocheted in sections, pieces cut to those sections, and then constructed separatedly and then put together? The pockets are amazing. And the colors! Ouch, I love it!! Hope you don't mind me asking. I really would love it give something like this a try. Thanks for showing the amazing possibilities! Have a nice day.

Hi - on all of my crocheted bags I tend to line them differently, depending on the mood I guess. This bag was all lined before I crocheted it together, I have two other crocheted bags that are the same but one I lined before I crocheted it together and the other I crocheted it together and then made a lining like I would for one of my cloth bags. Here are my other two bags...
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228377.msg2478442#msg2478442
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222345.msg2398816#msg2398816
To line a crocheted bag all I do is use the sewing machine just like it's cloth! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roundhouseknitter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008 11:59:59 AM »

Hi - on all of my crocheted bags I tend to line them differently, depending on the mood I guess. This bag was all lined before I crocheted it together, I have two other crocheted bags that are the same but one I lined before I crocheted it together and the other I crocheted it together and then made a lining like I would for one of my cloth bags. Here are my other two bags...
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228377.msg2478442#msg2478442
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222345.msg2398816#msg2398816
To line a crocheted bag all I do is use the sewing machine just like it's cloth! Smiley

wow.  very cool. yeah the purses did look like they were done differently. i think i'm scared to try! :-O
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...