A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: vintage sewing machine case to sketchbook: COMPLETE!!! (**VERY IMAGE HEAVY **)  (Read 40780 times)
Tags for this thread: journal_cover , sketch_book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cassette.

writer.photographer.artist.frustrated seamstress.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008 07:07:39 AM »

wow this is amazing, and I too would love to see your previous one, have you posted pix anywhere else, or will it be here.

and a quick question, reading through the comments, someone mentioned notation blocks?? what are they, for a noob bookbinder

hello! haven't posted pics anywhere yet of my other book Roll Eyes I know I promised to but you know how things get away from you... when I can photograph it properly I'll try and put it in a different post.

also, I think notation blocks are just those stacks of paper bound at one edge with a kind of rubber cement or tape so that you can just rip pages out if you want to.

thanks for your appreciation!  Cheesy

Quote from: ScrappySue link=topic=216238.msg3059732#msg3059732
date=1222657877
absolutely beautiful!
I am glad I'm not alone in my rust addiction.
Or random things that I think are beautiful but a lot of people think are just junk.
Truly inspirational.
regards
S

Smiley if it reassures you further, I've got a lot of animal bones around that most folks seem to find disturbing, I've run into people who can't even look at a tiny bird skeleton, but I think they're amazing.

thanks for the compliments, I'm so glad that this inspires people, it cheers me up every time someone says so!

This is really a lovely idea, and I'm so glad that you took pictures so we could all share in the process. It looks like it took an enormous amount of time and labour, and you have a beautiful result.

thankyou so much Smiley it did take a while. I wish I photographed my projects more often really. there must be some pictures around though from when I made a goat skull mask, out of recycled bits and pieces (don't ask me why!). I think sharing it is a brilliant part of the process, I love it when people get interested in things.

errrr again, thanks everyone! I won't be able to put any other pics up for a few weeks or so, I don't think anyway, but definitely keep an eye on me okay.

speak to you soon! hope all is well with everyone Smiley

cassette.x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mint_bijoux
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008 01:00:06 AM »

Absolutely beautiful, really. I wish I knew more people like you in person  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassette.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008 03:21:15 AM »

Absolutely beautiful, really. I wish I knew more people like you in person  Undecided

erk!  Undecided yeah, me too!

thanks for the compliments mint_bijoux.

speak to you soon...
cassette.x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
InfiniteDreams
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009 11:06:33 AM »

So awesome!
I've been making my own hand made journals for a while now, but I haven't made any with that wide variety of different types of pages yet, but I think I will.  I made a journal with hand dyed pages, but not to this extreme.  My figure drawing teacher last semester would always encourage me to draw on magazine pages and whatever else I found.  I tried a little, but if I had something like this, I think it would be more convenient and inspiring to me to start off with.

I'll just add this to my to do bag.... =P

Oh, and I also love that you used the fishing wire you found!  I love using found objects, it just adds so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlemissmuffet
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009 09:53:15 AM »

What a beautiful and amazing work of art. so inspiring Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reduce, reuse, recycle...and craft while you're at it!
http://skeinsandsteins.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6965575
cassette.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009 03:51:11 PM »

So awesome!
I've been making my own hand made journals for a while now, but I haven't made any with that wide variety of different types of pages yet, but I think I will.  I made a journal with hand dyed pages, but not to this extreme.  My figure drawing teacher last semester would always encourage me to draw on magazine pages and whatever else I found.  I tried a little, but if I had something like this, I think it would be more convenient and inspiring to me to start off with.

I'll just add this to my to do bag.... =P

Oh, and I also love that you used the fishing wire you found!  I love using found objects, it just adds so much.

What a beautiful and amazing work of art. so inspiring Smiley

thanks, guys Smiley glad to know people are still getting inspired by this. I went through a long while of not drawing much, but I've just started using this sketchbook again. I think you just have to make some marks and go, whatever else you're doing with yourself.

definitely let me know how your own books & journals are working out... Wink
speak to you soon,
cassette.x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stringofpearls
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009 07:37:31 AM »

This is so much fun! I might need to try one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DisneyP
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009 11:14:23 AM »

This is really neat!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oABCo
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010 07:13:58 PM »

That's amazing! I love it! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nannyem
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010 04:45:17 AM »

love love love love love love this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...