A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
229 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What is this keychain piece called?  (Read 972 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
Offline Offline

Posts: 73
Joined: 28-Nov-2007

...the greatest of these is love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 26, 2007 01:44:00 PM »

I want to make keychains to match my purses, and want to use a specific piece.  It is pictured on this page (scroll down for the picture) and they call it EZ Adjustable Keyring Attachment (4th product down).  Does anyone know what this piece is called?

I want to compare prices and also search for it on eBay, but can't figure out what it might be called by the rest of the world.


Offline Offline

Posts: 283
Joined: 21-Jan-2007

Y tu mama tambien.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008 04:11:02 AM »

Hm, I'm not sure what they are called, but theoften use that kind of clasp thingamajig on suspenders or braces and on belts. Maybe that will help with your search?

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)
Offline Offline

Posts: 561
Joined: 17-Dec-2007

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008 04:29:01 AM »

It looks like a custom made item.
The adjustable strap thing looks like a suspender clamp.
Then somehow it's attached to a split ring.

A very good idea!

I've never seen one of these in this form before - I'd think this is somewhat exclusive of an item (i.e. don't go running to your local Chinese manufactory to knock it off).

It might be a type of suspender end with a split ring through the loop instead of a suspender - in that case, it's just an original way to market this finding.
Offline Offline

Posts: 579
Joined: 02-Aug-2004

Una vida de miedo es una media vida

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008 01:30:07 PM »

I did a search for "key fob hardware" on ebay.  I'm not sure if they exactly like the ones on the site you found, but they could be a decent substitute.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008 05:39:28 AM »

I believe you can find those in where upper end draperies are sold, I know there is a similar clasp that is used - the ring may not be big enough - but I would think you could replace it easily.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2018, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.