A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bird pin  (Read 1267 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Cassyjo
« on: December 12, 2007 10:23:38 AM »

So i made the ferris wheel flower and the other flower fine. But when I tried to make the bird... it looked really really sad.

Is it just me or is the pattern absolutely confusing?! I'm kind of a beginner. I've made a few scarves and hats.

SO i guess my question is, has anyone made this thing successfully? Or is this patter just too hard for me at this point?

I mean it'll say something about slip stitching into a DC but theres no DC in sight and sometimes it says to turn and some times it doesn't and I'm so confused.

The picture is in my user gallery, its the only one. (I'm new here). I don't think i could even do it again, i guessed to much. I know I need a smaller hook next time. I really want to make one. Sad 

help?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepybunny
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008 09:54:18 AM »

It is possible - I have made the bird successfully!  It's the little bird on this hot water bottle cover...  My first attempt was very wonky though, and yours looks a lot like mine did! I don't have the book to hand at the moment, but at some point when working the body you need to turn it and go back the other way, and that's what I didn't figure out first time *.  Maybe that's your problem too?  Good luck!

edited to add:  * hmmm... I just went and got the book to check.  I'm a bit hazy on this as it's a while since I made mine, but looking at your picture again, I think yours is actually upside down!  If you look at the picture in the book, the stitches radiate out in a semi-circle from the middle of the back/top of bird.  After you work the head the next row of stitches goes across the edge that's nearest the bottom on your pic (and should be the top, ie the bird's back!), and then you work the tail at the other end.  Hope this helps - I always seem to end up just confusing things even more when I stick my oar in to try and help!!!  Undecided
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008 10:16:09 AM by sleepybunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...