A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
177 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ive decided...  (Read 1730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Kensey
Aquaman

Now your sitting on the corner and your all ate up

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007 05:30:15 PM »

To get an early start on finding stuff for my graduation (grade 9) dress. im really interested in this one Mika Todd wore.

http://i14.tinypic.com/80pyusz.jpg

These are my personal caps from the video. They arent very good, but hopefully you get the jest

can anyone suggest a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i have a dream of a scene between the green hills
clouds pull away and the sunlights revealed
people don't talk about keeping it real (its understood that they actually will)
and intoxicated and stimulated emcees staring through the trees, paranoid, are gone with the breeze...
ica171
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007 05:04:38 PM »

I'm not seeing any patterns that have the piece that's attached to the top, although if you found an off-the-shoulder pattern you could just measure your front and back and cut pieces to those lengths.  I saw a few patterns with the ruffle on the bottom of the skirt, but none with a top like that.  If you can't find a pattern with a ruffle, my recommendation would be to shorten your skirt about as many inches as you want the ruffle to be long.  Then just cut your ruffle piece 1 1/2 to 2 times as long as your skirt front and back. 

I also have to say, it looks like that dress is a solid fabric underneath and a sheer overlay.  I hate sewing with sheers, it's a giant pain.  If I were you, I would try to find a fabric that's embellished or maybe that has the overlay built in, but that might be my personal bias talking.  Smiley 

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...