A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,260
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pretty White Poncho  (Read 10302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

JodyBoBodie

God Bless Us Everyone!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005 07:09:02 PM »

Well the first poncho I did in the white is a worsted weight yarn.  The 2nd one is the homespun which is slightly thicker, similar I would say to a boucle?  They may have more info on the homespun at lionbrand.com.  And yes, I hadn't thought of it that way, but it is like a big long spiral going round and round, just move your marker so you know where the rounds start/stop.  Post a pic when you are done?  It is fun to see the different yarn types and colors.  And I never mentioned before, but Artzy I love the soft blue color of your poncho.  It is so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rat_Fink
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005 03:00:48 AM »

Thanks for that. I've just started it so when I'm done I'll post a pic Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005 06:35:22 AM »

Well the first poncho I did in the white is a worsted weight yarn.  The 2nd one is the homespun which is slightly thicker, similar I would say to a boucle?  They may have more info on the homespun at lionbrand.com.  And yes, I hadn't thought of it that way, but it is like a big long spiral going round and round, just move your marker so you know where the rounds start/stop.  Post a pic when you are done?  It is fun to see the different yarn types and colors.  And I never mentioned before, but Artzy I love the soft blue color of your poncho.  It is so pretty.

thanks. it's my absolute favorite poncho now.  I had bought a couple earlier this year and now i wished I hadn't because I love the fact of making my own! thanks to you!! you got me started on a frenzy now!!!! Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

artzyfartzy
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2005 06:40:43 AM »

Thanks for answering, I was sitting at work staring at the pattern trying to visualise how you could crochet in a round without joining the last stich at all and getting in a right mental mess. If only my job was to be crafty all day....!

that's how i was exactly before I plunged into the project -- I couldnt believe it would work not joining the last stitch - but its' MUCH better that way because you see no lines at all like you sometimes do when you join rounds.  ..and yes!! please post a picture!

I think my yarn was 4 ply worsted ( am I even saying this right??) and my hook was a bigger one ( a P hook ).  The one I'm working on now is a vintage yarn w/no tags - but it looks like a thinner (2 ply) yarn and I choose a smaller hook and it's taking a bit longer because of it - but I love how it looks like this too.  I'll post a pic too when I'm finished Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rat_Fink
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2005 01:26:57 PM »

Hi,  

ok so here is the finished article:-

I made it a bit longer than it said and didn't have enough yarn to do the 10 chain stitches for each bit of the fringe so I made a chain of 10 and then skipped two stitches. I think that I might try it again with a lighter weight and a bigger hook. I love the way it works in a round though, the pattern doesn't look too solid in a funny kind of way- it looks more like a mesh than rows of stitches.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 08:37:16 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
JodyBoBodie

God Bless Us Everyone!!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005 02:09:50 PM »

Hey Ratfink!  That turned out great!!  I love the beautiful color and I really love the way you did the edging!  And the flower is a great sdd-on.  Soooo Cute!  I feel like I have somehow started a crochet-along without trying to.  Cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005 02:20:56 PM »

I made it a bit longer than it said and didn't have enough yarn to do the 10 chain stitches for each bit of the fringe so I made a chain of 10 and then skipped two stitches. I think that I might try it again with a lighter weight and a bigger hook. I love the way it works in a round though, the pattern doesn't look too solid in a funny kind of way- it looks more like a mesh than rows of stitches.

Thanks for the help!

wow, how pretty!!! i really like your poncho.  the edging is nice, i think i'm going to try that! ..and wow you are FAST!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathyhuk
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005 02:54:32 PM »

Ratfink that is fabulous!!!
Love it! I wish I could crochet as fast and as well as you  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BleuKitten
Semi-crafty cat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005 11:00:55 AM »

These are all gorgeous! Well done! I have to admit that at first I wasn't sure about that pattern, it seemed a bit short for my tastes but I LOVE the ones you've all made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kuruku
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005 09:15:05 PM »

OK, I'm totally freaking out! I followed this pattern's instructions to the letter and ended up with a ridiculous-looking, bulky thing that points out from my shoulders rather than draping down like your guys' did. I have no idea what went wrong! It's all rippled at the top. I used a fairly bulky yarn -- could that be why? HELP. Angry Angry Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...