A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,453
Currently Running With Scissors:
270 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cats+crafting=disaster  (Read 5560 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007 01:19:10 AM »

Do you know how hard it is, to live in a cat-household, and do sewing all the time? (guidelines say, never leave a rubberband or a string over 4" on the floor or any place a cat can reach it) I have no idea how many times I've had  foot of string left over from sewing, and then had to cut it up in to 3" bits to toss it. Probably a million extra snips by now. Smiley
Cats are cool, but string magnets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whitebelt
NEEDS NEW CAMERA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008 01:07:59 PM »

this isn't sewing related but my cat is bad
REAL BAD
my craft area is in a loft area above the living room. she likes to steal my pens, pencils or whatever... and drop them down to the livingroom area below.
now my living room has pens, paper bags, pieces of floral stems, raffia, felt and junk just laying all over the floor.
i kinda just give up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetedkitten
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008 02:49:14 PM »

Noushi, what happend to the chameleon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life Is Short, Crochet Naked!
faerieharlot
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008 08:33:14 PM »

My two cats (or "angst weasels" as I call them due to the sheer malevolent evil they come up with together) love to help with my projects. By "help" I of course mean pulling bobbins and spools out of my sewing machine and tangling them through the entire apartment, trying to attack scissors while I cut fabric, sitting on fabric while I'm sewing it, gnawing onthe sewing machine itself, or putting bottlecaps in said machine (one of them plays fetch with her bottlecaps).

Not craft related, but the two of them used to climb on chairs, pull thumbtacks out of the walls, then place them in my shoes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are times when you have to choose between being human and having good taste."   -Bertolt Brecht
naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008 05:55:34 AM »

> the two of them used to climb on chairs, pull thumbtacks out of the walls, then place them in my shoes.

Those are some bad kitties! Gotta love 'em Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
resident_kat
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008 03:12:01 PM »

I LOVE my cats but one of them likes to sit, scratch, play under, play on top of my fabric.

Her favourite toy is also my tape measure.

She is just too adorable that it means I lose like half an hour of crafting time as Im too busy playing with her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pleaseelise
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008 08:55:06 AM »

When I first started crocheting a few weeks ago, my two younger cats just LOVED to try to eat the yarn while I crocheted.  That's lost it's lure, I think, because I keep pushing them away.  Instead, they wait until I'm sleeping, then go into my yarn crate, grab a small ball of yarn (usually from a frogged thrift-store sweater), and unravel it in the dining room.  They're careful to loop it around as much crap as possible, and then to tangle it so that it takes me at least a half hour just to FREE the yarn.  They sit and watch, quite satisfied, when I do this. 
I also have to cut up any stray strings of thread or yarn.  My youngest cat is a string eater.  Have you ever caught your cat with a poopy string hanging out his butt and then had to pull it out?  Even more fun is the time when the cat managed to free it himself (or with the help of the other younger cat), flinging poo over THREE rooms, then playing with the string so that I had to mop the floors too.  I can't tell you how overjoyed I was about that.  Especially since it happened overnight and I woke up to that mess.  Mmmm, the smell of cat poo in the morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whitebelt
NEEDS NEW CAMERA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008 09:30:43 AM »

oh man
that's freaking naughty!

i got smacked in the face a bunch last night because my cat was being severly neglected while i was art journaling. i just  bought a really cheap craft table, AND SHE WILL NOT LEAVE IT ALONE! or me....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 09:31:06 AM by whitebelt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sleepybunny
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008 07:58:52 AM »

This is my cat "helping" with a sewing project. He would do this every time I laid out fabric, paper, or anything on the floor.  Sadly he died just before Christmas, so it just won't be the same next time I make something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebeth
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008 08:17:17 AM »

My youngest cat is a string eater.  Have you ever caught your cat with a poopy string hanging out his butt and then had to pull it out? 

ive been told that you should never pull it, just let it come out on it own, you could cause a lot of damage...

why are cats so helpful?

Noushi, what happend to the chameleon?

inquiring minds want to know Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i do personal swaps...  check out my admired objects www.wists.com/ebeth
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushroom Lasagna
@Home This Weekend: Intoxication Station
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...