A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
242 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: An Xmas Ornament in a Week Gallery!  (Read 14237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2007 07:26:00 PM »

Sorry it's late.  I've been terribly ill.  Here are my fantastic ornaments from JennyBear. 

A fabric scrap ornament:

A crochet snowman:

My favourite! A Crochet ornament (a ball of yarn with a small swatch & crochet hook)

And lastly, a crochet fairy she saw on my wists that she made for me!!!

Thank you SO SO SO much!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'em!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
the Novemberist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2007 08:41:29 PM »

I received today!!  And my ornament was......AWESOME!!!!!

MonkeyThumb made me a TEA THEMED christmas ornament.  The embroidery is lovely and it's such a cute and unique ornament!!!

Here is one side:

And the other:

I also received a few little extras.  Everything came in a lovely gift bag and she even included a Christmas card (my first received this year so far!!)

Thanks so much MonkeyThumb!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  You made my day!! (which previously consisted of sorting through which school textbooks I want to keep and which I want to sell - how boring!)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019 01:40:55 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog (cooking, crafting and personal style)
---> http://the--novemberist.blogspot.com.au/ <---

Follow me on instagram: http://instagram.com/frauspatzi
My pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thenovemberist/
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2007 01:48:48 AM »

Wow, somebody got spoiled!  Smiley What a lovely package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss. Cellaneous

"Still crazy after all these years"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007 07:27:49 AM »

Miss. Cellaneous said they were soldered. Have to ask her for details though.

The glass ornaments are indeed soldered. I got the beveled glass pieces at a local stained glass store and soldered them together with images sandwiched in between. I got most of my soldering equipment at Hobby Lobby using their weekly 40% off coupons. All the stuff you need is located in their stained glass section.

There are a couple of tutorials on soldering here on craftster, but I found some great tips from a book called Pretty Little Things written by Sally Jean Alexander. She sells her goods on her site, sallyjean.com. I found her book at my library.

Since I am new to soldering, I am still having some ups and downs. However, I will say that this is one of the most fun craft methods that I have attempted. I don't know what it is about potential danger (700 degree soldering iron) that makes it more amusing.   Grin  Be careful, though. There are certain types of solder that can't be used due to their lead content. Used lead free or silver.

Glad you all liked the pieces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere . . . "   --Austen
Miss. Cellaneous

"Still crazy after all these years"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2007 07:31:50 AM »

Love, love, love the tea ornaments. So clever to remember to put the year on there. As I was putting ornaments on my tree I realized I should have done that on the ones that I sent since I always seem to look at all the years on all my ornaments. I seem to mark time by the ornaments I add to my collection each year.
All the ornaments have been fantastic. This swap has really done a lot to kick of my holiday spirit. Thanks everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere . . . "   --Austen
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2007 08:19:45 AM »

Hey Miss. Cellaneous, Thanks for the info on the ornaments. I went and requested the book from the library. So glad you shared. I am excited to see the book now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
seapj
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2007 11:00:17 AM »

I received from sundayafternoonhousewife, and as her pictures show, they are FANTASTIC!

My boyfriend had a medical emergency last week, so things have been a little crazy.  Luckily I was able to finally get the crafty goodies into the mail yesterday.  So sorry to be late  - hope sundayafternoonhousewife enjoys the random package of goodies.  I'm feeling that my crafty skills are far below what the rest of you have turned out!!

All of these pictures have put me back in the holiday spirit though - thanks to all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2007 12:14:30 PM »

Miss. Cellaneous I do agree that soldering can be a bit tricky at first!  I do stained glass and I'm still not confident about my soldering!!!  Use PLENTY of Flux and let the iron do all the work (not the solder). 

Your idea for the ornament was brilliant!!! You did a wonderful job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2007 03:15:58 PM »

I got my ornaments from Seapj today. she really made it worth the wait. Everything is so great. Here they are;

It think this is my favorite. it is felt and hand sewn with a tad of stuffing inside. SO pretty and a great color.

thanks again, seapj!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
hellokittygirl
I run with scissors!

Hello my name is Alicia and I'm a Craft Adict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007 05:22:53 PM »

The ornaments that I received from my partner hotgluegurt !

The Hello Kitty one thats on the tree

I pretty white spike ball!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...