A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
318 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can anyone tell me how/what this might be?  (Read 3818 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lmcbride
It's business time.

Now where did I put my glasses...?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007 05:03:21 AM »

I have several "flower looms" round, square, metal, plastic, and they are a hoot to use, and I have actually been cranking out some flowers.  I will put up some pictures later today.  Should I post the pictures as a "reply" here, or should I start a new topic or whatever it's called?  I'm very new here and am easily confused. Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
hawtmamah
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007 08:17:04 AM »

I have several "flower looms" round, square, metal, plastic, and they are a hoot to use, and I have actually been cranking out some flowers.  I will put up some pictures later today.  Should I post the pictures as a "reply" here, or should I start a new topic or whatever it's called?  I'm very new here and am easily confused. Wink 

You could post it here, or even better would be to share on the 'completed projects' board since you'd get much more views there. I'll be sure to look for your post/reply either way, i can't wait to see them! I'm sure the peeps on the 'completed' board would love to see them- every person who's seen this blanket LOVES it- i think we need to draw more attention to the technique and you'd get more response there :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiehaynes
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007 02:32:25 PM »

I was commissioned by a family member to crochet together an entire storage tub of those flowers a couple of years back!  One of my Grandfather's sisters had made all of the flowers on the loom planning to make an afghan from them (she'd made several others) but started slipping with dementia and couldn't remember how to do it.  I consider myself an intermediate to advanced crocheter...I've never attempted a project that I couldn't do...but I have to tell you that putting those flowers together was a real pain!  The pattern she gave me had you reverse crochet them together, and changing rows was really tricky.  Once you finish several rows it gets easier, and the pattern listed above looks a bit easier than the one I was using.

We had LOTS of daisies leftover after the afghan was finished, even though I made it into a king size, so I decided to use the leftovers as a base for granny squares.  I just did basic shell stitches into the petal loops & added corners...it was SUPER simple!  I wound up making those squares into a baby blanket, and it was much more attractive than the blanket I'd made with the chain stitch joining method.  Just thought I'd put that idea out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007 05:23:24 PM »

I bought that kit from a thrift store a few years ago and made a small doll blanket out of it and since I started crocheting I haven't used it since. I have it in my storage containers in my closet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
stripey_cat
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007 05:10:59 AM »

OMG, I used to make those as a toddler - it was something to do that'd keep me from hassling my mother to let me learnt to knit!  I think (and bear in mind that it must be 20 years or so since I've done them) that you get the inner row of petals by using a loom with a double row of pegs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawtmamah
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007 11:43:40 AM »

OMG, I used to make those as a toddler - it was something to do that'd keep me from hassling my mother to let me learnt to knit!  I think (and bear in mind that it must be 20 years or so since I've done them) that you get the inner row of petals by using a loom with a double row of pegs.

ahh see i was wondering how that worked. i found a couple of looms thru some of the replies here, but i haven't made any purchases yet. i'm itching to get my hands on one of those looms though!! i can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...