A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i like to embarrass my cats with sweaters  (Read 5705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
emmaleethekraken

When your mom's The Kraken you must be The Squid.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 16, 2007 10:20:09 AM »

so this is my first post on here and i just felt like showing off my spoiled kitties in the sweaters i made them. let  me know what you think! hope you enjoy! Grin

Sirius (black male cat) loves his sweater although its a little big on him. i had never done this pattern before.  i'm sure i can fix it though

I made my little girl kitten, Captain Teague, a flower and ruffle for hers.   She needless to say hates her sweater.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007 10:22:23 AM by vanillaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black
TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007 10:28:52 AM »

not gonna lie, im not a cat person, but those are awesome!!! i have a 60lb bulldog and for some reason she LOVES wearing clothes. it is embarrassing but hilarious.

great job!! the flower is too cute  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007 10:29:45 AM »

So cute!
They're both adorable and I especially like the little flower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
Silibub
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007 10:31:33 AM »

LOL!!  That's so cute!  They didn't freak out about having sweaters on?  My cat would cry endlessly & hate me for weeks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woobie
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007 10:33:14 AM »

hahaha... I've got to try to make one of these for my cat.  So far the only "clothing" i've been able to get on him is a superman cape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubenette

We don't need no stinkin' thimbles!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007 10:38:03 AM »

awwwwww!!!!  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes to "embarrass" cats, lol  Cheesy  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hand-sewn with care.  No, really, there's little pieces of my hand stitched in!
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007 11:10:59 AM »

They're so cute! I've only tried putting a hat (well, Frankenstein Halloween costume hat) on my cat and she acted like I was trying to do her in. I don't think I'd ever get a sweater on her! But kudos to you for being able to do so!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007 11:12:12 AM »

Wow, if I tried to do that to my cat, she would probably kill me. Might be able to pull it off on our newly adopted outdoor cat, though. Well, it's more like he adopted us, but anyway...

Good job! The flower is a nice touch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007 11:14:42 AM »

ha ha... It's so weird how some pets love and some pets hate the things we put on them.  My little dog LOVES sweaters.  It makes her warm and she curls up and falls asleep.  The other one, however, will kill anyone that tries to come near her with one of those things.  She usually eats it off of her if you leave it on. Your girl cat sweater is adorable!  Did you use a pattern? (hope someone didn't already ask that)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
emmaleethekraken

When your mom's The Kraken you must be The Squid.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007 11:20:22 AM »

Captain Teague (in pink) tries to tear it off every chance she gets!  while Sirius just accepts his fate and falls asleep. but neither liked it at first.

i found a basic dog sweater pattern and just modified it to fit my cats.  it was just alot of eyeballing and guessing since i didnt have them with me for models.  it was still fairly simple and only took a few hours to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - Sirius Black
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...