A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: s'n'b in cbr?  (Read 1652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
fromvenuswithlove
« on: August 16, 2007 04:09:04 PM »

ive started getting into knitting...is there a stitch n bitch group in canberra?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 12:19:54 AM by fromvenuswithlove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mwagen
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007 02:36:58 AM »

I don't think so... But then again I don't really know about much of the stuff that goes on here. Embarrassed ANother place you could try asking on is the livejournal community Canberra (http://community.livejournal.com/canberra/). There is a knitting group @ Erindale Library too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007 02:04:13 PM »

If there isn't now, there definitely used to be one, and I think it was held at Starbucks on Tuesdays. I remember seeing signs up at the yarn shop at...I think it's Mawson, the one near Woden but in this tiny scary mall.

No, wait, I googled it and found this: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snbcanberra/ They look pretty active!

I'm planning to join when I (hopefully) move to Canberra next year. Have you found the yarn shops yet? There's a high-end one in Manuka where you can get Rowan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fromvenuswithlove
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007 05:13:07 PM »

oh super! thank you very much!

hmm i shall have to go on an adventure to find these yarn shops...im still getting to know the yarn section of lincraft lol, i just graduated from scarves to fingerless gloves yay for knitting rectangles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007 02:47:17 AM »

I spend school holidays in Canberra, but I don't live there (yet). Yay for being a teacher! The ones I know of:

- Jameison Centre sort of near Belconnen. It's called Cassidys, and I think they have a second shop in Kingston. The centre was being renovated last time I was there. It looks really scary on the outside.
- Mawson centre near Woden. This one sometimes has good books. I got a Yarn Harlot book there (really cool knitting author). I've also bought some pretty, pretty sock yarn there.
- The Shearing Shed in Manuka. Only place I know for Rowan in Canberra, but it's darn expensive.
- Lincraft in Civic and Belconnen
- Spotlight in Q'beyan
- There is another one near Conder but I don't remember its name, and it is pretty small.

On the way to Sydney, if you get off the road at Mittagong, there is a stunning tapestry place called Victoria House that has total cross-stitch overload, canvases and Rowan and Jo Sharp yarn.

In terms of overseas books, look in Borders. If you're like me, and can't wait for magazines, Borders has them too, but they're more expensive if you can't wait for them to arrive by sea and come into the regular newsagents!

I'm hoping that my next hols will coincide with one of the SnB meetings, so I might see you there Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
talmina
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007 02:26:14 AM »

Well firstly, theres a yarn store near Conder?  WHERE?

Stich'n'time are very good, they're my lys, now they've gotten used to me, and I've started recommending interesting yarns.  Since when did they carry Yarn Harlot books though, I've been working on a big project and last time I was there I didn't look at books?

There is a s'n'b that meets at starbucks near the merry'go'round in civic on the first thursday of the month around 6:30 and the third sunday of the month round 2pm, or at least there was about a year ago.   

Though if someone is willing join me for one in tuggers or something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...