A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
98 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas/Winter ATC Gallery  (Read 20902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007 04:40:04 AM »

There is something about the stag, the god, the rebirth, from I think may mythologies and pagan beliefs.  I could wiki it to see if I'm right, but I'm too tired now.

Nifty cards, everyone.  I hope my other one makes it ok!

no, you're right; traditionally the stag represents gods like Cernunnos, gods of the wood and typically the consort to the Goddess/mother, and they represent the sacrifice and rebirth of the god for mankind, a precursor to Jesus' own story of sacrifice/rebirth. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smushisweetbaboo

Anything worth keeping I inevitably give away...

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007 05:02:58 AM »

So, I've been too disorganized to get my act together and put up a pic of my ATC from Vinnie451, but without further ado here it is:

I love the vintage santa image, which is just what I asked for! Cheesy I will be sending out today so hopefully it won't take too long for my two partners to receive (I finished my ATCs like a week ago but just haven't had the chance to get them out!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerquilts
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007 05:39:42 AM »

I just found the gallery and must say all the atc's are lovely!  I need to "tweak" mine before I send them.  Great work everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goatgoddess
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007 05:59:30 AM »

loving all the wonderful cards - thanks for posting them - very cool!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chunky halloween houses
my blog ***http://pinterest.com/debraleach/pins/ ***
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007 06:22:36 AM »

I am just a tiny bit disappointed, since in my questionnaire I said I was Jewish and would rather receive winter images than Christmas ones, yet my card has two reindeer, the word Christ and the word Lord. 

Awww, I'm sorry - I used "Silent Night" sheet music as the background, I didn't really realize that it was a religious song at all, and I also didn't notice which words peeked through the layers of gesso I brushed on.  I also didn't think that reindeer were religious?  I didn't mean to offend or dissappoint  Embarrassed

aww, that's ok!  i feel bad now!  i didn't want you to feel bad!   Embarrassed  i think i will take racky's excellent suggestion and add some more gesso over the words at the bottom.  and everyone is right - reindeer aren't totally christmas-y on their own, it was just the combination with silent night that made them seem a bit overwhelming!  but if the words are gone i think it will just be a cute "holiday" card not christmas card.  i do love it and think it is beautiful!  and i am a big music buff (i play piano and oboe) so i was really excited to see sheet music in the background!  sorry again if i made you think i didn't like it - i really did!  thanks so much for the excellent card!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2007 06:25:30 AM »

wow - have2craft!!  did you draw the winterwonderland card?  it is so detailed i really like it!

also - vinnie451 - where did you find that vintage santa image?  it is so interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
vinnie451
Onna Otaku

Craft or Die!

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2007 06:29:11 AM »

I'm glad both mine got to you guys so quick. And of course I'm glad you love them.

also - vinnie451 - where did you find that vintage santa image?  it is so interesting.

Honestly, I found it with a google search for "old world santa" and printed it off. I had a huge page full of them but this one was my fav.

I can't wait to see the rest. I made a display to hang my received peices on the wall like art.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now With Craft Blog - http://vinnie451craft.blogspot.com/

"Not everyone can be a great artist, but a great art can come from anywhere." Ego, Ratatouille
Colorfuldayz
Colorfuldayz

www.Colorfuldayz.com

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2007 07:05:48 AM »

Great cards, everybody!

Cajunclover, is that india ink that you are using for your cards? It gives a really beautiful effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cajunclover
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2007 10:57:33 AM »

Great cards, everybody!

Cajunclover, is that india ink that you are using for your cards? It gives a really beautiful effect.

yes, it's just the straight black India Ink. i hate ink pads because they always dry up on me, so i use ink ink. i wanted to use the teal ink that i have, except in a moment of stupidness, i accidentally resined it to the concrete on my front porch and i couldn't get the bottle opened to get even the slightest bit out. so i used the black ink on my cards. oops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life and death, seperated at birth
missmeganmisery

Painted Flowers Have No Scent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007 08:44:53 PM »

I have sent. And here is my beautiful card from hardyswanton01:

THE PICS DONT DO IT JUSTICE!!!
stupid camera phones.

"the sugar plum fairy"

I adore it =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Megan Misery
I do personal swaps. =]

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/missmeganmisery
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...