A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,841
Currently Running With Scissors:
252 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heart Nipple Pasties- Vinyl vs. Cardstock  (Read 1877 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pocketwatch
« on: November 23, 2009 03:55:35 AM »

I saw a simple pasty tut on the mookie chick website and modified it to make heart shaped pasties from white cardstock. I cut out circles, then cut out a stripe to make a cone, then eyeballed a heart shape, cut it out, traced it, glued it together into a shallow cone, repeated for the second one, painted it red with acrylic paint, laquered it with acrylic varnish, waited overnight for it to dry, got out vinyl to cut into a lining.... realised that I could cut out almost every step and make one time use pasties from vinyl... but I already had nearly finished pasties. So here are both. Sorry the lighting is different, it makes it harder to compare.     here is the front and back of the cardstock lined with vinyl pair.

to change your image viewing settings please click here here I am wearing the cardstock pair (I have never worn pasties, so my application with double stick tape was a bit inexpert, and I had to do it quite fast as it was a surprise.)

to change your image viewing settings please click here and here is my vinyl prototype

to change your image viewing settings please click here here's a second photo of the vinyl version. I hope it demonstrates that small busted women can get a good effect from pasties. (I have about a 36 inch chest and a 33 inch underbust measurement)
lol, this can't really be used as a pattern but it shows the shape and I bet any craftster so inclined can use it as a starting point.
I just included this picture so everyone can see I mean the vinyl that is like a sticker, not like uphulstory vinyl.
And here they are to be safely transported.

Do you think the cardstock version is worth it given that I have several colors of vinyl on hand? I think if I make any more I will use vinyl, it's just sooooo easy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009 04:00:44 AM by pocketwatch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pocketwatch
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009 04:02:07 AM »

And I thought of another reason to use vinyl- if I made more modest pasties (to the extent that such a thing exists) to wear sunning vinyl would give good adhesion and I wouldn't worry about water damage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sEwInG To tHe MaX
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009 05:27:07 AM »

Haha..these are very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please follow me on
www.kissedk.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...