A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JULY NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: It's time to enter FLIP FLOP FUSION! Enter your fab flip flop project now!
Total Members: 318,705
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap 3 Gallery  (Read 114746 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 30, 2007 08:17:47 PM »

I just read through 17 pages of this thread - man, I go away for 2 days and things fill up!

There are fantastic packages showing up here - great job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vala_amaris
Vala Queen of TMI

I'm kinda nuts but really sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #581 on: November 30, 2007 08:21:12 PM »

Props to mezo, I tried on the calimetry (will I ever learn to spell that?)  It fits perfect over the tip of my ears to keep them toasty.  I almost always wear my hair up and in Maine, warm ears in the winter are a definite plus!

Wow, it is really hard to look awesome right before bedtime. LOL   Especially when you're trying to take a pic of the back of your own disheveled head of hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mezofoprezo

paint MY name on the bathroom stalls.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: November 30, 2007 08:22:35 PM »

Oh gosh, Vala! I loved those cards SO MUCH but I already had posted so many pictures, I took like 40 altogether of everything you sent... please don't think I didn't love them, they are absolutely fabulous.

It was actually really funny, I was opening the package in front of my family (specifically my father, haha) and I was reading those out loud. I came to the 'Mmm yeah again AGAIN' one I kinda blushed and handed it around so my family could read it.. I wasn't going to read that out loud in front of my daddy!  Grin

And believe me, Jon has already claimed the candy and the mugs.. haha. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not as easy as it was
or as difficult as it could be
for the Samurai in autumn

My blog!
http://mezofoprezo.blogspot.com
Muria
« Reply #583 on: November 30, 2007 08:24:10 PM »

Props to mezo, I tried on the calimetry (will I ever learn to spell that?) 

It's the word, "calorie" with the e left off, and "metry" at the end, so "calorimetry".  Smiley  Does that help?  Looks great by the way.  I need to make one for me one of these days (only one I've made was sent in a swap package).  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
vala_amaris
Vala Queen of TMI

« Reply #584 on: November 30, 2007 08:25:22 PM »

I would have read it out loud.  But I'm weird that way, I would have done it just to see him blush! LMAO
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vala_amaris
Vala Queen of TMI

« Reply #585 on: November 30, 2007 08:28:29 PM »

Props to mezo, I tried on the calimetry (will I ever learn to spell that?) 

It's the word, "calorie" with the e left off, and "metry" at the end, so "calorimetry".  Smiley  Does that help?  Looks great by the way.  I need to make one for me one of these days (only one I've made was sent in a swap package). 

I'm a total geek and tried to look it up in the dictionary and I came across that word but the definition was something like "the amount of heat absorbed in a chemical reaction."  LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moilulu
I have no idea what I'm doing!

shit happens

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: November 30, 2007 08:58:17 PM »

O -- that's me just sitting here with my mouth open--WOW to everything form everybody -- don't you all agree?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a day without knitting is like a month without sunshine

I will knit for you in a personal swaps !!!!
(cause that's what I do!)

http://www.wists.com/moilulu
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #587 on: November 30, 2007 09:33:52 PM »

At 8:00, when FedEx home delivery technically stops, I'd given up hope and thought the "on the truck for delivery" message on the website was just BS.  Then, at 8:45 exactly, my doorbell rang and my husband doesn't know it, but it's a good thing he answered the door, because I might have kissed that cute little FedEx guy. 

In other words, my package from Kittykill arrived today, and I'm so freaking excited and spoiled!!  Are we all ready for the photo saga?  It took me almost an hour and a half to (find my camera and...) open the box, unpack and unwrap everything and then photograph everything and get the pics transfered.  That's a lot of loot, right there!

My daughter modeling a bit of packing material... Whip it! Whip it good!

She only looks like a little demon.  Pay no attention to the ravaged remnants of packing material in the background.  She's really a very sweet child.  And so helpful, too!

Here's all the loot, out of the box, and then unwrapped.  It covers the whole card table!!

The stockings are beautiful embroidered felt numbers, one each for me, my husband and Katherine.  I wish my camera weren't 8 years old, I can't get pictures that really do the stockings justice.  They're wonderful!!

Kit loves her stuff!  There's candy, Disney Princess stuff, Hello Kitty jewery and stickers, a big package of bracelets, a little purse with her initial on it and her favorites, two little Kubrick toys, Ariel from the Little Mermaid and Boo from Monsters Inc.  She ran around saying Make Wazowski for fifteen minutes, in her Boo voice, which is a little uncanny.

My husband showing off his new T-shirt and also an uncharacteristically high level of enthusiasm.  I love him, but the man is not photogenic.  Usually he's behind the camera and not in front of it so this isn't a problem.  But he loved his goodies!

Mina was not forgotten.  (Please forgive the horrible state of the carpet.  She's blowing a summer coat right now, and there are tufts of fur worked into the carpet minutes after I vacuum.)  She loves squeaky toys!!  I don't know how long Gingy will last.

BEE-you-tee-ful pillow.  So awesomely wonderfully beautiful.  I haven't decided where to put it yet because it's so much prettier than any of my furniture!!

These plates are going on the wall just as soon as I can get some plate hangers.  They're amazing!  And Kit learned some cool stuff about anatomy this evening.

Last but not least (I'm enjoying some of it as we speak!), the candy, packages of body stuff (her first try at some of it, and it's delish!), a big ol' candle and BLYTHE KUBRICKS!!  And there were two vintage Christmas postcards that I'm going to frame and hang as well.  (I love vintage postcards.  Love love.) 

Can I just say, jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, Kittykill, this stuff is awesome.  Thank you thank you for being my partner.  I'm blown away by all of it!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008 08:34:04 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
serendipity_sarah
« Reply #588 on: November 30, 2007 09:44:00 PM »

lol  Grin  LOVE the Devo "hat"!  That is so hilarious!

Oh yeah...everything else in that package is absolutely fabulous too!!!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007 09:58:14 PM by serendipity_sarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #589 on: November 30, 2007 09:47:25 PM »

She's her father's daughter.  OK, and her mother's. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 20th: National Moon Day
Tute Tuesday: Neapolitan Ice Cream Scrub
Finding Frida Kahlo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...