A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
199 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 2061265 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6350 on: June 09, 2008 05:19:25 PM »

Thanks for the welcome back Eliea! I've been lurking here all along but have been quiet really. Oh sewing machine, how I miss you!

Someone asked about the doll in my avatar (can't remember your name, sorry!) Eliea was right, he's a BJD, more specifically an AOD Chen. Just don't get me started on about them, I feel partly responsible for Ghilie's Edison!

Love Steve's girl by the way, she's gorgeous!

Hmmm, don't feel too guilty because I've been staring at those little things for ages; I just couldn't find one in my price range. 

And, because I have to say it at least once a week:  Yea for Boobie Poppets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
faerieflings

What? Lame? Never...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6351 on: June 09, 2008 05:21:28 PM »

I actually need to start yard sale-ing.  I'm really hoping I'll trip over some nice things for the baby (and crafting supplies would not be a let-down!).  OT, Anyone needing to get rid of a convertible carseat by Britax?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait, where did those come from?  I swear I didn't go to the craft store, honest!

Let the baby crafting commence!  Cheesy
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

« Reply #6352 on: June 09, 2008 06:37:00 PM »

I actually need to start yard sale-ing.  I'm really hoping I'll trip over some nice things for the baby (and crafting supplies would not be a let-down!).  OT, Anyone needing to get rid of a convertible carseat by Britax?  Cheesy
No, but I have a sewing machine if anyone needs one in utah Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6353 on: June 09, 2008 07:00:20 PM »

Don't forget children's resale and thrift shops. I just wish I'd known about them with my first three kids. I spent way too much on clothes at Target, only to find the designer ones in great shape for the same price at Children's resale shops.
Thanks for the welcome back Eliea! I've been lurking here all along but have been quiet really. Oh sewing machine, how I miss you!

Someone asked about the doll in my avatar (can't remember your name, sorry!) Eliea was right, he's a BJD, more specifically an AOD Chen. Just don't get me started on about them, I feel partly responsible for Ghilie's Edison!

Love Steve's girl by the way, she's gorgeous!

Hmmm, don't feel too guilty because I've been staring at those little things for ages; I just couldn't find one in my price range. 

And, because I have to say it at least once a week:  Yea for Boobie Poppets!
I'm glad you're enjoying that pattern so much! LOL! Thanks to CC it's easier than ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graverobbergirl
« Reply #6354 on: June 09, 2008 08:41:18 PM »

Okay...I'm a little bit of a latecomer to this awesome group of poppet-makers. Personally, I had been resisting, having numerous other projects to tend to. But my friend came to visit and I made the mistake of showing her ghilie's ingenious and supercute creation, and she fell in love with them.

A trip to the thrift and dollar stores, $3 and a couple days later...

A Poppet was born!

Nekkie Poppet

Nekkie Poppet Silhouette (with more accurate depiction of hair color).

Dollar-store hair doodad dissected and recycled as Poppet hair (sported by friend)

First Outfit (based on Simplicity pattern for full-sized people)

Second Outfit (jean skirt, blouse, and brocade duster-thing)

This was a collaborative project. My friend cut them out and machine-sewed most of the pieces (I did the tail) and we bother stuffed them. I sewed up the body parts, sculpted and attached them. I also embroidered the eyes, attached the hair, made the dress, shirt and finished the brocade jacket with bias-tape. My friend cut out and pieced the jacket together and made the jean-skirt (all by herself! Have a biscuit!)

I believe that she still has not named her and would appreciate recommendations...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

« Reply #6355 on: June 09, 2008 08:53:44 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin OMG!!! I am so excited, I started on my poppet today!! She's all set she just needs her limbs sewn on. I am so excited cause I used a sewing machine for the first time today and it went amazingly!! I am sooo happy with how she turned out, although there were plenty of four letter words.. Turning was not so easy and the hands and feet nearly killed me.She nearly ended up being named Antoinette (cheesy joke, I know) cause I mucked up her first head so bad that it had to be scrapped. She's also a little lopsided, but hey, I loooove how she looks so far. I wanted to share progress pics with you all. Oh and I want to send a special thank you to dessadoll for advice on hair, the chaining and attatching hair to the chain worked SOOOO well!!

I really love how she has a ton of hair, I am so glad I picked a chunky variegated yarn.. OMG, this is sooo going to be a new addiction. mwahahaha..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6356 on: June 09, 2008 09:12:20 PM »

NerdyCrochetGal - She looks great! I love that hair. Sounds like you're doing well.

graverobbergirl - Wow! You guys have been busy! The dress is very nice and I love the brocade duster/robe thingy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6357 on: June 09, 2008 09:51:49 PM »

NerdyCrochetGirl - she looks fab! LOVE that hair! I look forward to seeing her all finished Smiley

Wildfyre - I am totally jealous of your yard sale score! Nice find!

Graverobbergirl - She is adorable.  Amazing outfits!  I think I would name her Qianna because of her silky hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: June 09, 2008 10:04:51 PM »

NerdyCrochetGirl you did a great job, I love her eye color and her hair!

Graverobbergirl- What a wonderful job on the outfits! May I ask how you scaled down the pattern to make it fit properly?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #6359 on: June 10, 2008 05:03:26 AM »

that tropical anime poppet ROCKS!! so pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...