A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 318,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1877020 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9540 on: July 10, 2009 10:31:20 AM »

yard sale score, I went to a yard sale operated by a man. His neighbors had given him a box of fabric. There was 3 or 4 large pieces of what looks and feels like alova in a very soft creamy color. (edited to add: It is about maybe 10 yards) I offered him $1 and he took it. I bought a square tin about 8" filled with colored pencils and a cut girl on the top, "She who laughs last," for $1. Got a nice travel case for $1, 9 ties for $1,and a whole box of christmas ornaments with give away on the box, and asked the guys does that mean free, yes, and it was free. I also bought a beautiful paris round box that is gorgeous for $1. My mom sent me some money so I had to do a little yard saling.

I have plenty of alova, or soft fabric now. Swap?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009 10:32:08 AM by lovesclutter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Riechan

Flowers in full bloom do not last forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9541 on: July 10, 2009 11:50:52 AM »

oooh oooohh Cheesy
if you have to much, why not Cheesy
I wish yard sales were as common here as in America Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog about crafts and photography
My Facebook and Etsyshop
IG
I really want to start making fairy jars!!!!!
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: July 10, 2009 12:47:46 PM »

I wish we had yard sales like that near me  Sad. You know, lovesclutter doesn't live THAT far away, only about 2 states. VA isn't that big...lol. Might have to make a detour the next time I go to Mississippi.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009 12:51:33 PM by Seraphina_de_Sangre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #9543 on: July 10, 2009 03:11:26 PM »

Just bargain. "Would you take XXX for this? if they say yes, sold, if they ask for more, I say "no thank you" or "good luck with that" and walk away.

The box of Christmas stuff had give away written on the box, so I asked it was free. I offered $1 for the paris box, the $2 luggage for $1 and all that alova for $1. I just ask. I prefer church sales, estate sales for crafting stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
DragonessD
« Reply #9544 on: July 10, 2009 04:51:06 PM »

Crappy cell phone picture, but ...

I think the discussion at work is back to am I creative or just insane, because I never have "normal" answers when they ask me what I'm making. Told them it was a doll, a poppet specifially, and when asked why it has a tail ... "Because it goes with the ears. Ears like this seem kind of silly without the tail."

And my project for the weekend - clothing for the poppet
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011 09:02:53 PM by DragonessD » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: July 10, 2009 07:22:18 PM »

I think the discussion at work is back to am I creative or just insane, because I never have "normal" answers when they ask me what I'm making. Told them it was a doll, a poppet specifially, and when asked why it has a tail ... "Because it goes with the ears. Ears like this seem kind of silly without the tail."

LOL. It's true. Looks great so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps

Wist
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9546 on: July 10, 2009 07:36:59 PM »

[]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/DrgnessD/messing%20around/Poppet1.jpg[/img]

My answer is a bit more detailed. It's a jointed nekomimi doll. The style is popular in japan. Neko means cat mimi means girl. Thus cat girl. She has ears, a tail, and paws rather than hands.
Smiley People are always like !OH! I can see the lightbulb go on when I explain it like that. My mom and grandma are even telling people about my catgirl dolls! lol

She;s looking great so far!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009 07:37:28 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonessD
« Reply #9547 on: July 10, 2009 09:43:48 PM »

My answer is a bit more detailed. It's a jointed nekomimi doll. The style is popular in japan. Neko means cat mimi means girl. Thus cat girl. She has ears, a tail, and paws rather than hands.
Smiley People are always like !OH! I can see the lightbulb go on when I explain it like that. My mom and grandma are even telling people about my catgirl dolls! lol

She;s looking great so far!

Thanks! And I just realized I did the joints wrong, so ... first project, take apart and redo the shoulder/hips. THEN the clothes.

Yeah, I'd lose them at the word nekomimi. Unfortunately, I work with a bunch of ... I guess the best word is mundanes? (since normal is so subjective) They're wonderful people, but me reading vampire stories is odd, and the fact that I understand quite a bit of gamer speak stuns them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #9548 on: July 10, 2009 10:15:50 PM »

DragonessD- looking great so far!  Also, you sound awesome.  And I can relate.  People in my church group would always think I was weird because I took my knitting everywhere, played video games, and *gasp!* read Dracula of my own free will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome!

My Etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
My other Etsy shop: http://geekygiftlady.etsy.com
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: July 10, 2009 10:49:51 PM »

I know exactly what you mean. The mundanes are really clueless about un-mundane things. Speaking of mundanes I'm finally going to get the last book of The Mortal Instruments trilogy tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps

Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Shark week is coming!
@Home This Weekend: Frugal Floral Wreath
July 20th: National Moon Day

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...