A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JUNE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you seen the Craft Challenge announcement?  Check out the details here!
Total Members: 311,992
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1280
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Poppet and Punkin-Along  (Read 1865410 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , craftalong  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4720 on: March 26, 2008 09:02:04 AM »

In case any one is interested in them, I will be adopting out both Crimson and Carl, I am running out of space to keep them and the boy says I have to get rid of some of my stuffs.  Cry Not sure anyone would want them but I thought Id give it a shot.
Is the boy getting rid of some of his stuffs too? Otherwise I'd be like No way! My hubby knows better than to ask me to get rid of something like that. I'd probably hurt him. lol.
HA! he doesn't have much! All my crap has taken over the house. seriously. Crimson has found a home and Im assuming I will be stuck with carl for life lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #4721 on: March 26, 2008 09:13:46 AM »

In case any one is interested in them, I will be adopting out both Crimson and Carl, I am running out of space to keep them and the boy says I have to get rid of some of my stuffs.  Cry Not sure anyone would want them but I thought Id give it a shot.
Is the boy getting rid of some of his stuffs too? Otherwise I'd be like No way! My hubby knows better than to ask me to get rid of something like that. I'd probably hurt him. lol.
HA! he doesn't have much! All my crap has taken over the house. seriously. Crimson has found a home and Im assuming I will be stuck with carl for life lol.
Ohh!  Cheesy Give him to the boy so he's stuck with him!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ekioart
Queen of Procrastination

Working on it....No Really, I am......sorta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4722 on: March 26, 2008 11:05:00 AM »

Mk, don't feel bad! My only poppeting since the challenge is keeping up with the thread. -_- I feel like a heel because your faun hasn't even gotten started yet! I go in and look for the furry stuff and it's either a mixed lot of color browns or one little square left! I'm not really sure who else in my area is looking for that fur but I'm going to have to hunt them down. *chuckles*

Then I have that lovely rust alova you sent me as well as some green thats been begging to become poppets.

Must get out of swap land!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm bringing sexy back, I think I dropped it somewhere between the donut shop and the Cheesecake Factory.

My etsy shop
http://Ekioart.etsy.com
My Wists!
http://www.wists.com/Ekioart
I blather on about stuff here.
http://ekioart.blogspot.com/
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4723 on: March 26, 2008 12:08:10 PM »

WOW  Shocked A 499 page thread...and counting!

I was certainly not able to read all of the pages, but I still found so many great tips and ideas.

I can't believe the huge variety of poppets there are - all so lovely in each their own way!

I can't wait to make one - I hope she wont be all wonky.  I have been making a list of all the materials I will need - I have one walmart and one Fabricland here - I hope I can find everything!  It is the freezer paper I am most concerned about finding - I have not seen it in my grocery stores, and I am not likely going to be able to eBay it  Grin 

more searching to do!

I would love to start making outfits for my poppet even before she is "born", but I am afraid that nothing will fit when I am done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4724 on: March 26, 2008 12:32:14 PM »

WOW  Shocked A 499 page thread...and counting!

I can't wait to make one - I hope she wont be all wonky.  I have been making a list of all the materials I will need - I have one walmart and one Fabricland here - I hope I can find everything!  It is the freezer paper I am most concerned about finding - I have not seen it in my grocery stores, and I am not likely going to be able to eBay it  Grin 

I would love to start making outfits for my poppet even before she is "born", but I am afraid that nothing will fit when I am done!

I think people are stressing too much about the freezer paper. It should be with the wax paper and cling wrap. If there is a butcher in the store ask them if they have any or a deli. You probably only need about 6" of it but ask for a yard. It's very handy stuff. Ask them where you can buy a roll in your area. It really helps to finesse the curves and corners but I usually end up restitching those areas w/o bothering to remove any stitches. The Alova is so great! gilie knows her stuff. You will need more pins w/o the freezer paper so your fingers will thank you if you use it.

I have body parts all over my house. The body parts of the poppet I made with nuBuck is much smaller than the Alova which is smaller than the mini leopard print I got at malWart. so it is best to wait. The clothes are quicker and more fun. I think. My Alova rabbit poppet still needs eyelashes and some things which I don't have yet.

MK I wondered where you were! Glad for you tho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
FlowerWitch
« Reply #4725 on: March 26, 2008 01:55:34 PM »

Carl the poppet is mine!!! Wahoo!!  Grin Thank you so much!!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4726 on: March 26, 2008 02:33:37 PM »

I was wondering where you were, MK. I'm so glad you get to do that catching up! It's a great fix for everything that ails you!
Sometimes I think that I need to take a break from the poppeting, and then someone asks me to make them one, and I realize that I receive great gratification in the making of one.
I have the pattern for my Spiderwick Mermaid all drawn out, and haven't started her yet because I was originally going to make her a mini. Now I know I can't do all of that detail in the ultrasuede fabric I'd saved for it, and there isn't enough of it anyway. She'll have to be original scale, but I'm rethinking the fabrics.
I'm really impressed by the dragon I saw recently on the Toys thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #4727 on: March 26, 2008 02:41:00 PM »

I was wondering where you were, MK. I'm so glad you get to do that catching up! It's a great fix for everything that ails you!
Sometimes I think that I need to take a break from the poppeting, and then someone asks me to make them one, and I realize that I receive great gratification in the making of one.
I have the pattern for my Spiderwick Mermaid all drawn out, and haven't started her yet because I was originally going to make her a mini. Now I know I can't do all of that detail in the ultrasuede fabric I'd saved for it, and there isn't enough of it anyway. She'll have to be original scale, but I'm rethinking the fabrics.

You're making a spider wick mermaid? How cool. I wanted to make a nixie! They can be siblings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

« Reply #4728 on: March 26, 2008 02:50:05 PM »

so i'm making poppet clothes and i dont think i followed the directions right... i was making the peasant blouse and is it supposed to be closed on all sides? it's on but i dont think i can take it off...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #4729 on: March 26, 2008 02:52:09 PM »

so i'm making poppet clothes and i dont think i followed the directions right... i was making the peasant blouse and is it supposed to be closed on all sides? it's on but i dont think i can take it off...
Do you have a picture? Ellasmama made it from the pattern and it works fine. It could be your poppet is plus sized, or something else.

You're making a spider wick mermaid? How cool. I wanted to make a nixie! They can be siblings!
Yes, I told my eldest son I'd make her for him. He's reading the Spiderwick Chronicles and is fixated on everything having to do with the books. I posted a link to the picture a while back. It's burried in the thread. When I make her, I'll post the pic too, just like the strawberry fairy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 02:55:16 PM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1280 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Machine Embroidery: not just for tea towels
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Ice Cream Cone
Stars In Your Eyes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...