A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 321,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Costume Ideas for pregnant women  (Read 6019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sewgreen

2 B Carbon Free- live Neutrally- Plant a Tree

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2007 08:43:48 AM »

Looking for other ideas for a halloween costume, but I am almost 9 months pregnant. HELP! The ideas I have so far are :
1. being a pregnant cat and gluing nipples to my belly.
2. being Mother Earth and painting my belly like the globe (this is my BF costume this year though) she told me and I SO wanted this costume, because I have the bigger belly, but she got it first damn it, plus she has an artist friend who is painting her belly for her
3. going as a guy with a beer belly gut, but some reason I just don't want to do this one.
4. painting my belly as a pumpkin, but this sounds boring

If anyone has anymore ideas please help! I know its last minute, but HELP!  The cat one sounds the best out of my choices so far, besides the Mother Earth one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007 06:36:34 PM »

pregnant cat would be hilarious.

what about humpty dumpty?  you can paint your belly like a cracked egg! 

i did a search and found these ideas:
Homer Simpson
Beach Ball (wear a bikini top and paint your belly like the beach ball)
Mrs. Potatohead
Gumball Machine
Arnold Schwarzenegger in Junior (this one made me laugh out loud)
A bowling ball (dress in black and paint/sew three black dots on your belly)
Pillsbury Dough Boy
Santa

"I went as Demeter, godess of fertility. Get a white sheet, drape it as toga with a large decorative pin at the shoulder. Grape vines (or other green vines) like a crown in your hair is a bonus. Simple, comfortable and cheap."

"a Magic 8 Ball. Black t-shirt with little changeable sayings that you can velcro on: Ask again later, No chance, If you're lucky, etc."

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007 06:37:29 PM by smarmyclothes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoredYetCynical
durka durka

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a rock star.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007 06:42:59 PM »

If you look back in the posts, there are two other posts requesting pregnant woman costume idea's, One of them was started by me and they both have some really good idea's. Someone suggested a pregnancy fairy. Dress up like a fairy and run around with a pregnancy test. Point the test at people and say "Now YOU'RE pregnant!" If I was going to a party I would so do that, but I'm staying home and handing out candy to the kiddies, so I'm dressing as either Mother Nature, or as just a friendly witch.

Smarmy, I love the Demeter idea! I would so do that, however, I'm not sure how many parents coming to my door would react.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is way beyond my remote concern of being condescending"

Baby Sean Born on Nov. 11th 2007
grenouille78
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007 06:44:18 PM »

If your friend is being the earth, you could be another planet, like Saturn. Attach a hula hoop and there's your "rings!" I don't know what color Saturn is, though. Purple? Or, if she is Mother Earth, you could be the moon. Paint your belly white with grayish markings for the features on the moon and then wear black to be space around it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007 07:10:22 PM »

A nun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewgreen

2 B Carbon Free- live Neutrally- Plant a Tree

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007 07:23:33 AM »

Smarmyclothes- thanks for all the ideas ver useful
BoredYetCynical- I did a search and nothing came up, otherwise I would have just looked at the previous ones listed     duh...
grenouille- I like this idea...except I would be an even bigger mess..big and pregnant with a hulahoop around me...yikes! I love the idea though...the moon sounds better though I can work with this
cheebz- I like the pregnant nun- my husband could be the devil who did this to me!

Thanks gals I luv all your ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The_Bus
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007 09:43:55 AM »

I was at a party this weekend and there was a pregnant couples costume.

The women was an egg, and the yolk was her stomach. Her husband was bacon. It was a simple costume, she made the egg out of cardboard and cut out a hole for her stomach.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FairyWings
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007 10:58:40 AM »

paint a face on your belly and then make a huge hat to wear over your upper half&head. or be humpty dumpty

oh i did a search for Maternity halloween cosumes, this first site has some good ideas , will require painting though. i liek the fish bowl and peek a boo ideas.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/11493/creative_maternity_halloween_costumes.html

oh the pea pod one is good too
 oo there are more pages to the costume ideas that don't require painting.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007 11:08:36 AM by FairyWings » THIS ROCKS   Logged

opie57
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007 01:13:36 PM »

How about a Kangaroo?  Not sure how you would do it, but it might be cute. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirsa
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007 01:54:47 PM »

We had a neighborhood Halloween party on Saturday where one of the pregnant women went as a fishbowl.  She just wore a blue shirt and taped/pinned fish to it that she and her kids had colored and cut out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over
Meatless Monday: Summer Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...