Swap name: Buy Nothing Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: sundayafternoonhousewife
Sign-up date range: 10/23-10/30
Date to send item by: 11/14/07
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): nope
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO, but will try to pair those in same or close countries together because of short shipping time between end of swap and Buy Nothing Day
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages, but get parent's permission please if under 18
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
This swap is a perfect swap to clean out your stash! The swap is in celebration of Buy Nothing Day http://adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd//
which is the day after Thanksgiving. The whole point is that you stay home and don't give into consumerism on the busiest shopping day of the year.
There are two basic rules for this swap:
1) you can't buy anything
for the swap
2) everything you use has to be from your stash or something repurposed that you already have in your possession when you sign up.You will craft 2 medium items for this swap.
Some items to craft might include a reusable tote bag, reconed teeshirt, buttons, knit, crochet, or sewn things, clay things, embroidered items, ect., but EVERYTHING has to be something you already have in your possession when you sign up for the swap. Items you craft can be general all-purpose items, or they may be something that shows solidarity with the Buy Nothing Day movement.
Additionally, you may choose to suggest a craft that you would like to learn, and the person who is your partner can include the items for you to learn that craft. As it was said, "Come on, what better way is there to spend buy nothing day than learning to make new things..."
A FEW OF MY RULES:
1. You MUST put Buy Nothing Swap in all of your PM's
2. You MUST post in the thread at least once a week
3. You MUST purchase a DC# if you and your partner live in the US, if you live in another country, you must provide me and your partner with a photo of your receipt if requested.
4. You MUST PM me when you send and receive
5. Feedback will not be given until you have SENT, RECEIVED and POSTED PICTURES!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
What types of crafts can you make? (knit, sewn, jewelry, clay, ect)
What types of crafts would you like to receive? (it is probably best to be fairly open minded for this swap considering your partner isn't allowed to buy anything)
Is there a craft that you would like to receive a kit for? (needle felting, knitting, crochet, embroidery, ect.)
Any allergies to fabrics, yarns, ect?
Anything you really don't want or need?
Would you like items that show your solidarity with the BND movement, or would you just like general/ all purpose items?
What size teeshirt do you wear (just in case
Tell your partner something about yourself so that they can craft to your tastes:
Do you have a wists/ blogger/ ect. List the URL here:
Is there anything else you want your partner or the organizer to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
4 Diesels_mom (welcome first time swapper!)
29 moonoverbrooklynHERE ARE PARTNERS!!!!!!!SENTRECIEVEDBOTH SENT AND RECIEVEDSending late with good communicationLATE, NO/poor Communication
FEEDBACK GIVEN sundayafternoonhousewife <-->riario iheartcapnhook <--> little*devil designvigilante <--> amethestlily bettykate <--> dizzylizzy RondaS <-->susanab Diesels_mom<-->hardyswanton01 taunya1978 <--> MEshelltakeone ollieorange <->bronzfrog JennyBear <--> ericahead calluna <--> midori_sour danni.yelly
littlebluegirl moonoverbrooklyn <--> snarkymarmoset craftADDchick <--> SaccarineSunshine04 piratecore<-->mcook72677
ANGEL requested for piratecore on 12/1/07
12/27/07: waiting for angel package to be delivered to piratecore
12/30/07: angel packaged arrived to piratecore! Thanks bronzfrog!GALLERY: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=206228.0