A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
165 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dryer Lint  (Read 24477 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
thecynthesizer

No llamas, but I've got goats and sheep

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2004 02:02:32 PM »

I bet if you had a dense enough ball you could needle felt it.  Here's an example of a needle felting kit with roving...
http://www.sheepthrillz.com/products/kits.htm

You can probably get the needle at any yarn store
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are not alive yesterday, you are not alive tommorrow, but you're alive at the moment; if you can grab something for that moment...you have a chance." - Johnny X
mokistar
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2004 05:43:14 PM »

What if you felted (or spin) it with wool? Seems like that would have a neat effect. Ewwww I might have to try it, wish I could figure out my spinning wheel though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RescueToaster
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2004 10:33:43 AM »

all this talk about felting has triggered a memory from my noggin.  years ago i saw some tv show talking about felting using your dryer lint.  sounds cool, but how?  any ideas?  goodness knows i've got a grand supply of dryer lint.  btw, mines always a pinkish color on one side & a gray on the other.  what's yours?

hmmm...besides felt, how about this? http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/atom_1353
lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So where are you? my little needle.
The stack's been burned away.
nutritiongal
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2004 06:20:00 PM »

When I was in Girl Guides we would save our dryer lint so we could make fire starters. We put a lump of the dryer lint into an emptycardboard egg carton egg holder and then pour melted pariffin wax on it. It is great to bring camping because they ignigte well. Hope I was helpful.

Yup, it is the most fabulous thing ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back after a fews years of inactivity and looking forward to getting back into crafting!

Visit my blog: http://roaringtwentieskerri.blogspot.com/
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2004 07:20:04 AM »

I purchased a pair of shoes in H.S. that were made from recycled dryer lint.  I have not idea how it was made, but the soles were made from rubber.  I had several people constantly "threaten" to steal my linty shoes.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2004 09:58:45 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one intrigued by dryer lint. I've been saving it for a year but haven't figured out what to do with it. Someone please post if you make something. I don't thing I'll have time for that project for a while but I'll keep saving it until I do~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
purple_octopus
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2004 11:19:44 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one intrigued by dryer lint. I've been saving it for a year but haven't figured out what to do with it. Someone please post if you make something. I don't thing I'll have time for that project for a while but I'll keep saving it until I do~!

Just out of curiosity...  what is the approximate volume of a year's worth of dryer lint?  Where do you keep it?  I think I could fill a shoebox every week, what with all the laundry that gets done at my house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lothluin
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2004 08:50:30 PM »

Years and years and YEARS ago in my college "fiber arts" class, I added dryer lint (lovely purple stuff from new flannel sheets) to the pulp in a paper-making project!  It turned out really cool!

Kara

I was talking to a friend's mom about that same thing!  We were talking about how cool dryer lint it.  They sell tye-dyed clothing and she wanted to do something with it, since theirs was so colourful and she said she thought you could probably make paper with it.  Good to know you can! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004 11:57:08 PM »

I have a little plastic bag hanging next to my dryer and just put it in there when I clean out my screen (not that often!) Its actually not much because you can squish it into a nice lump.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
GloryB

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2004 03:07:11 PM »

When my daughter was in the second grade, her teacher asked everyone to save dryer lint.  As I recall, they made something like paper mache.  I think they made Christmas orniments the the tree in church.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...