A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 314,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: nightmare before x-mas - zero costume - Help!  (Read 1123 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

bootsntights
« on: October 19, 2007 07:58:54 PM »

The little boy I watch, youngest of three, just started school this year and totally doesn't get Halloween. I have been hand making his older siblings costumes since they were old enough to care and have tried to impress upon him that this is the one day a year he can be anything he wants. After much pestering (we don't want him to be without a costume for school) he has a slight interest in being Zero from Nightmare... because his big brother and sis are being Jack and Sally.
Given the date and the fact that Sally is nearly finished and Jack should be quick, anybody have any fast ideas for a Zero costume, preferably without a mask (I was thinking hoodie)? I'm afraid we will end up with a kid that looks like a KKK member if I don't get this tissue dog with a rudolph nose just right.
Any suggestions appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007 04:39:25 PM »

How about just a white bathrobe, some sort of styrofoam core nose with red pompom at the end and stuffed white socks for ears?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
erikau
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007 05:29:15 PM »

how about making a hood/hat that is zero's face? just make the top of it in two layers so you can stuff it to make it zero shaped; use some plastic boning to form a bill out of his long pointy nose.  get a little plastic pumpkin (like on a floral pick), punch a couple of holes in it and sew it on like an oversized button.  Make a cape, (either attached to the hood or separate) with a black ribbon fastener (velcro? snaps?) so it looks like a dog collar.  it could be a full circle or half circle cape, but it should probably be pretty short; maybe below elbow/above wrist.  maybe even make some slits for arms to go through.  he could wear this with black sweats underneath.

If you can swing it, having the head attached to the body would probably be easier for him to wear since he can hang the head down the back if he gets tired of wearing it.

erika

Erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Homemade Veggie Broth
October 18, 2017 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Mix and Match Napkins

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...