A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Want to join a Craft swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 320,814
Currently Running With Scissors:
243 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Ideas for a crafty pregnant girl  (Read 1511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sewgreen

2 B Carbon Free- live Neutrally- Plant a Tree

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2007 07:00:17 AM »

This should have been pretty easy, BUT my friends birthday is coming up in the middle of some of her showers for her baby boy, and I wanted her birthday celebration to be something special and just for her. So far here are the stipulations.....
About 5 of her friends are going to the Regina Spektor concert
The show is the gift to her from her friend who works at the venue
We have the VIP area mostly to ourselves because of us being pregos

SO-we want to turn it into a little birthday party in the VIP area and make/get her something special for her birthday. She can make just about anything- shes a wonderful and generous girl and I want to do something for her that reflects that, because she has done so much for me. The only thing I am concerned about is the fact that we may not be able to bring a bunch of stuff to the show. So what we need to do should be simple but effective, and not be a burden to the venue. What in the world could I do?HuhHuh?
I've made her stuff for her baby, but want to keep this simply for HER birthday, and not another shower for the baby.  The show is November 6 so I don't have much time to plan.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoxOfRocks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007 09:08:06 PM »

How about bath products?  Maybe a pillow with potpourri sachets tucked inside? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewgreen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007 08:14:05 AM »

How about bath products?  Maybe a pillow with potpourri sachets tucked inside? 
Thats giving me a great idea! We have talked about making bath bombs before, so maybe I could surprise here with my own homemade ones, and also a day at the spa certificate! Thats something I can carry and is little. I think she would love to be pampered especially right now...she pampers me with great haircuts and highlights...why not pamper her with a facial,manicure/pedicure, and body scrub/massage! THANKS! You've inspired a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007 02:39:31 PM »

Prego band tee shirt?

Of course, the band may not be pregnant.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

doing it all, doing it badly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007 09:10:25 PM »

i believe some Prego brand pasta sauce may be in order. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.
greenlightgo
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007 06:56:05 PM »

Shes glad she didn't get some Prego pasta sauce.....ur the best Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tivaclare
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007 07:44:11 PM »

VIP at Regina Spektor??? OMFreakingGoodness that is AWESOME! Consider me jealous. So jealous.

As for the bday girl. Maybe you could make her a cute outfit or shirt for the show? Maybe work some Regina into it?

Have a great time, that is so neat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewgreen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007 06:33:06 AM »

VIP at Regina Spektor??? OMFreakingGoodness that is AWESOME! Consider me jealous. So jealous.

As for the bday girl. Maybe you could make her a cute outfit or shirt for the show? Maybe work some Regina into it?

Have a great time, that is so neat.

It WAS Freaking Awesome!

Her friend made sure we all got chairs to sit in right up front and told the security to make sure we weren't crowded by the others(because we were pregnant, and so we got special treatment! BIG Bonus- one of the girls from Tegan and Sara(who were playing the next night) was behind us and we got to chat with them for the show...mainly about how all the little girls wouldn't shut up and kept singing all through the show. Its hard to cover up hundreds of girls singing when its just one and a piano doing the show. They ended up shuting up though! I totally felt rockstar Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tivaclare
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007 12:42:13 PM »

That is so cool. I want VIP treatment.

Unfortunately, I'd have to go like 1000 miles to find the nearest city that Regina might even consider touring. I'm in the middle of NOWHERE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: The Red, White, and Blue
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...