A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
143 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rockabilly Swap Round 3!  (Read 8823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007 04:34:05 PM »

Okay, I found some batteries under the couch:

everything together:

close up of one of the fabulous swallow paintings !

a little pinup-y tin with magnets inside
Cheesy

the leopard print apron she reconned out of a skirt she had. I'm so going to steal the idea of a skirt to apron !

the magazine is a German-language version of Shape magazine that I requested for a German lover/runner friend of mine Cheesy

thanks so much, thefloridagurl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007 07:04:16 PM »

OMG! That is such an awesome package! I love the swallows and the apron
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little*devil

protect me from what i want

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007 07:12:15 PM »

Such fabulous things!  Those swallow paintings are AMAZING!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glittersniffer
OneOfTheWeirdo's!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007 10:38:36 AM »

Wow! You guys are all super kick ass! Those swallow paintings are beautiful! They also look very familiar! Perhaps because they're tattooed on my chest?!

Cheesy Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us!: facebook.com/gscosmetics

^^^Colorful Happiness ^^^
thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2007 11:01:04 AM »

Woah, smoker, those tats are AWESOME!!! I was actually thinking of getting "my" version of the swallows tattooed on the exact same spot on my chest, too... but then, yours are wayyy cooler...

I am soooo happy that my partner liked everything I sent her, and I must say, I had a really hard time parting with those paintings... I just love how they turned out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milwjamie
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007 06:49:01 PM »

I received yesterday from Rectangel!!!!! She was a super amazing lovely swap partner who went WAY above and beyond Smiley  I adore everything she sent, she really spoiled me and also made stuff that I love love love!!!!
So without further ado...

The whole lot:

As you can see I got a ton of awesome goodies!!! As for the little ones, she made me a pair of awesome pink (love!) beeswax candlesticks that she made. She also sent along some LOVELY chocolates from Bernard Callebaut (a local chocolatier) and I couldn't wait any longer to eat them...lol I totally split the little box she sent with my fiance today before leaving for work. So sorry the box isn't in the photo, although I wish it was because it was beautiful!!! But it was totally delicious Smiley  Also sent along 2 wonderful magnets with totally witty sayings on them, which I love a lot!!
Here are some close ups of the other crafted items!!

Really beautiful luggage tag with tiki motif (I ADORE THIS!!!)

She did a really nice job (as usual!!) with using her embroidery skills to create this awesome tiki luggage tag that will be excellent on our journeys to tiki bars around the country (and hopefully world). The colors in the photo really don't do the tag justice, the threads are that nice turquoise blue that looks amazing with red and also a shiny gold thread as well. It is beautiful in person!! I wish my camera took better shots of beautiful colors!!

And this brings me to the pinnacle of the swap package, which just goes to show even more how much she spoiled me!!! She made me a quilt!!! Yes!!! A quilt!!!

And it is GORGEOUS, and it is her first quilt too!! I am in awe that she was able to part with it, and also that it was her first one!!! It is fabulous and really warm (I am totally curled up with it right now on my couch!!) I think it is a lap size (actually a bit bigger than lap size I think, although I am sorta short, but it covers me super well!!). But she used the coolest combination of stripes, leopard prints, and dark red/black fabrics. I love it so much!!! In person, the colors all look a little brighter than the photograph. She really did such a beautiful job on this quilt!!

Rectangel, you went way above and beyond, I really loved being your swap partner!!! Thank you again so much for everything, it all fits my personality so well and also very useful items!
--Jamie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007 11:37:31 PM »

Woah, this quilt is absolutely SUPERMEGAAWESOME!!! You are a very lucky girl, rectangel did a fantastic job!!!

Whats that Elvis picture in the first picture, upper right corner? A note card?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2007 09:37:39 AM »

Thanks floridagurl.  The Elvis is a greeting card.

Jamie I am thrilled that you like it all.  You are a great partner too Smiley  I should mention that I had a lot of help with the quilt.  My mom and sister both helped and I couldn't have done it without them and while it was my first quilt I have been sewing pretty much all my life.  It started with the red fabric and the fact that Jamie said she liked leopard print and red.  The pattern is called brickwall and it is very simple to strip quilt.  It is about 42 by 56 inches good for watching tv and since it is fall it seemed like just the thing.  I hand-tied it because I think it is easier and kind of classic looking.

The luggage tag was super fast and was really pleased with how it turned out as well.  He has a gold tooth!  Here is another look at it Wink 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007 09:39:23 AM by rectangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
tiffie1023
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2007 03:02:37 PM »

holy crap! i received my stuff from mara and it's awesome!  she is seriously the best swap partner ever!!!!!!

the package arrives (and on a day that i've been super sick, so it was the best pick me up ever!!!)

all of the goods...
 the coolest purse ever, a head band, a very cool cigarette case, a little pillow that is amazing, a little storage box, and my very favorite an elvis clock!

the purse..

me in my fancy headband....(sorry i look crap!)

can you find the elvis clock in it's place of honor on my clock wall?

this was seriously the best swap i've ever been in! i made cool stuff, received cool stuff, and feel like i've made a friend....what more could you ask for?

thanks mara and smoker!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007 04:28:14 PM by tiffie1023 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007 03:09:07 PM »

WOW! Awesome stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...