A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 297501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
« Reply #950 on: December 06, 2007 12:29:18 PM »

So over the course of a couple days I managed to read all 96 pages of this thread. All great ideas but very few that are similar to what I'm looking for. I'm making a "night in" in-a-box. So far I have a couple of movies, popcorn, and a couple of those old fashioned popcorn boxes. I was thinking of making/buying a blanket but he doesn't even use the one that I made him before. Now I'm stuck. All the posts similar to this are for girls and I don't think he'd use nail polish or bath salts. Maybe some candles?

« Reply #951 on: December 06, 2007 12:57:45 PM »

what about some ready to bake food?  keep it in the freezer until right before you give him the box, and on the night in he can just bake the food.  There are tons of recipes in once a month cooking groups online, and on recipe sites.  There are main dishes, desserts, things that are ready to bake or ready to eat.   Is he vegetarian?  They have some recipes for veggies if you need them too.   You could also do logs of slice and bake cookies, or frozen individual blobs of dough just like the expensive kind.  I freeze my own cookie dough and enchilada fixings all the time, also spaghetti sauce.   I got mason jars at the hardware store and made bread machine mixes myself, a 4lb loaf fits perfectly in a quart jar, then when you need bread you just add the liquid ingredients and yeast to the bread pan with the mix.  For spaghetti sauce for the freezer I bought huge cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste depending on my recipe, and made a humongous pot of sauce, then put it in the canning jars and stuck it in the freezer.  I add the meat to it as we use it, but you could add meat to it and actually can it if you prefer.  I just freeze it because we have more freezer space than pantry space in our house.

If he has a bread maker  you could stick a couple of bread mixes and a couple of jars of homemade sauce in there last minute as well, add a package of spaghetti, maybe a bottle of wine or some beer, some frozen cookie dough blobs ready to bake....

I usually bake my chocolate chip cookies at the same temp as the recipe calls for, it just adds a couple of minutes to the baking time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007 01:10:05 PM by bigeyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
« Reply #952 on: December 06, 2007 01:06:36 PM »

Ninety-six pages!  I haven't read through them all, so forgive me if this has been asked before...I want to do "Me in a Box" to send to my long distance love.

Aside from the obvious- pictures, a top with my perfume on it, a lock of hair...what else could I put in there?  You'd think this would be easy since I'm the "Me" hehe but I've come to a road block.
« Reply #953 on: December 06, 2007 01:46:59 PM »

You must do a mini you like bigmouth did!  search 'odd little baby gift.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007 01:47:20 PM by bigeyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
« Reply #954 on: December 10, 2007 03:49:35 AM »

I'm still trying to come up with an "in a box" idea for my dad. My latest idea is to do a Office/Work Survival Box, but I am short on ideas. The only things that I can come up with are:

-can of Whupass (someone on here made a great one out of canned air)
-voodoo doll
-stress ball

If it helps, my dad works in an office and does a lot of IT troubleshooting.
« Reply #955 on: December 10, 2007 03:16:40 PM »

hey bunnicula,
my dad just got a new job so he has a new office.  i'm doing something like that for my dad too, so maybe we can help each other.
i bought him a "zen garden" in a box.  it's one of those 5 dollar things at barnes and noble with the little baby books.  it's got sand and rocks and a little rake it's so cute.
i also got him a clock that has a picture frame attached.  i was thinking about putting a picture of our family doing some happy moment thing in it so he can smile when he sees it.  and it's a clock so that helps too.  it was at the cvs pharmacy.
i also got him a desk calendar of world of warcraft, just because it's his favorite thing in the world to do...
finally i was planning on making him a mousepad, what i don't know yet...but he's a computer programmer so it seems fit to do something with computers.
hope i helped a little?
« Reply #956 on: December 13, 2007 03:46:38 AM »

I bet it has already been said, but what about water in a box? Sand, a bottle of sea water, salt, maybe a little fish, spa coupons, etc...
« Reply #957 on: December 15, 2007 04:09:12 AM »

geez, yeah, 96 pages. i started reading this in hopes i'd find an idea for my good friend billy.. he's always bitching about wanting to move to norway or something, so i decided i'd make him 'expatriate-in-a-box'. so far i'm thinking...

-old copies of nat'l geographic, or whatever travel books/brochures i can pick up thrift
-a couple of foreign beers (warm of course!)
-SARS mask (i'm not kidding, i've seen them at asian markets in my city)
-one of those plug adapters for electronic devices
-bizarre international candies
-american flag with a box of matches
-motion sickness pills
-stinky cheese

i thought about boca burgers or something, as a mad cow reference, but they obviously wouldn't keep unless i wrapped just before he opened. i'm going to try to pick up an old suitcase and strategically pack everything inside it with little instruction tags. any other ideas for cheeky international travel stuff? obviously i'm going for the humor here, things that reflect the 'stupid american' perspective on the 'dangers' of living outside the country.

in addition to being great christmas presents, the in-a-box idea seems great for wedding party gifts. i'm getting married in june and my fiance and i are struggling with unique, personal ideas for our groomsmen. (my bridesmaids are just getting some purses.) this way, there is a unified aspect to the gifts, i.e., they are all 'in-a-box', and could even be packaged in the same type of box. but they are unique to each person, instead of a blanket statement like an engraved flask. (shudder)

awesome thread.
« Reply #958 on: December 15, 2007 04:57:47 PM »

No offense to any World of Warcraft fans!

My boyfriend was a major WOW player before we started dating.
And for the past few weeks, I've seen that he's been playing (which scares
me for some reasons).

Although I don't exactly like that he plays that addicting
game, I'm thinking of making him a "WOW in a box."

Or would that seem like I approve of him playing?
I'm so lost on this...
« Reply #959 on: December 17, 2007 01:14:04 AM »

trying to figure out a great ___ in a box idea for my boyfriend

he's a 21 year old aspiring writer, stoner, loves 300 and A Clockwork Orange, almost all strategy/action computer games you can think of, really big fan of being irish lol, and just all around funny guy...

favorites bands/singers are david mathews band ,(sp?) john mayer, and tom waits.

any ideas?

i was thinking a journal and a pen or two but what else can i add to it? we also promised each other to make our gifts since money is slightly tight.. so any ideas of what is easy/fun/good for him?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Calzone
@Home This Weekend: Pine Cone Succulents
Tute Tuesday: 2 Shirt Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...