A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
December Announcement: It's time for our Eighth Annual Gingerbread Contest!  Craft and enter a project for a chance to win a prize!
Total Members: 319,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Adult Menu for Halloween  (Read 4988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007 04:20:58 PM »

The black vodka that Martha used has a website

http://www.blackvodka.com/

where they have a bunch more recipes (look under "in the glass" and "seasonal").  The black vodka makes very cool looking Halloween drinks!  It also tells where you can buy it.

I just finished putting together a PILE of recipes for something else.  Too many to post here, I'll send you an email. 

There are also quite a few on the Martha Stewart website - which I have to say isn't as user friendly as it could be - I had to use a lot of different search terms and do a bunch of searches for stuff I knew was there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
toomuchrock

Just another day in suburbia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007 05:48:17 PM »

these are some very unique goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft, Therefor I Rock!

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
Never heard of Moola? PM me or click the link for More details.
KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007 06:19:25 PM »

Okay, too hard to mail.  I put them in my photobucket account:

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/KarenLouiseM/Halloween%20Recipes/

Some are from Craftster, some are from Martha Stewart, some from AllRecipes.com, and a few from other random places.  I tried to remember to credit where each one came from.  But, just in case, since many of the recipes came from elsewhere, I'll only leave them up temporarily. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007 04:33:29 AM »

Wow everybody has some great suggestions.  I feel like I'm getting overwhelmed with the whole menu thing and my bf is very determined to get me to make a few decisions.  We are very indecisive people. 

I will definitely post pictures when its all said and done.  We also have a lot of decorations to show off too.

Psyche, I would recommend getting the Make Halloween edition.  Its really awesome.  We had preordered it like a month or so ago and fought over who got to read it first hehe.

KarenLouiseM, its kind of hard to read all of those, they were shrunk a little or its my resolution on this computer.  But that is a massive menu, how big is your party going to be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainylakechick
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007 07:45:23 AM »

Here are some more ideas, from the same couple's Halloween Pumpkin Carving, only this was in 2004.

The Spread

Worm Ice

Witches Hat Cookies

More Mummy Dogs

Jello Brain

Can I hand you a drink?

Chocolate Graveyard
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007 09:50:07 AM »

I know what you mean about recipe overload - I had the same feeling as I collected all of these.  These were for something for a swap - I didn't make them all!  When the swap package has been received I'll post the link.

I resized all the files like I always do to upload here - they don't read well that way.  I *fixed*, but some of them still don't look too good.  If anyone needs details just let me know which one and I'll post the recipe in a reply.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007 09:51:15 AM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

paigeywithwings
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007 11:07:41 PM »

http://www.britta.com/HW/HWr.html

This website has some awesome ideas.  With pictures too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
helenpaige.etsy.com
KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007 06:40:49 AM »

Oh, forgot to say - love the chocolate graveyard!  Clever.

That last site has some great ideas (the Penn & Teller heart thing - wow). 

(And some of them look exactly the same as the ones I pulled off a different site, so I don't feel that bad about reposting the recipes.)

Now I'm wishing I'd done a big Halloween thing this year  Grin  (and reminding myself, no, you don't, you don't have time this year).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HottieMcHotHot

me in a bathing suit?!?!!?!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007 08:00:59 AM »

I haven't tried ANY of these, but I've been wanting to! (They're in my bookmarks under "Spooky Food".. although none seem to be main courses...)

The kitty litter cake: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/kittylittercake.html (double ew! Wink )

I once made something simiar for a kid's party but instead of buying the cat stuff, I just used a pyrex baking dish. It still looked like a litter box but didnt have to buy more stuff. A slotted spatula works as well. I put a layer of the cereal "Grape Nuts" in the bottom of the baking dish.  For the "poop," use little debbie brownies.  Shape them with your hands and throw 'em on top of the "litter." That's basically all there is to it.  The parents and kids alike were horrified and enchanted at the same time. What a hit! (It looks really real, so at first they're really hard to eat)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007 08:40:00 AM »

I once made something simiar for a kid's party but instead of buying the cat stuff, I just used a pyrex baking dish. It still looked like a litter box but didnt have to buy more stuff. A slotted spatula works as well. I put a layer of the cereal "Grape Nuts" in the bottom of the baking dish.  For the "poop," use little debbie brownies.  Shape them with your hands and throw 'em on top of the "litter." That's basically all there is to it.  The parents and kids alike were horrified and enchanted at the same time. What a hit! (It looks really real, so at first they're really hard to eat)

That sounds SOOOOOO GROSS TO ME.  I can take eating bloody, gory items, but if someone were to try to serve me kitty litter cake, I would never eat it!!! 

Which, obviously, means it would be a great Halloween gag treat.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...