A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
144 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I WILL HONOR CHRISTMAS IN MY HEART, AND KEEP IT ALL THE YEAR" CRAFTALONG UNSWAP  (Read 43594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Chelsea
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2005 08:34:22 PM »

My first one.  It took me like five minutes to make this (not counting the time I had to spend trying to get the beads over a frayed ribbon end.  I didn't have a needle or anything special like that.  I bought a few packets of beads from Hobby Lobby and used what ribbon I had...which is why it kinda doesn't match very well.

I wanted at least one more sized bead on there, but Hobby Lobby's bead selection was awful.  It was mostly plastic kid beads in flourescent colors.   I didn't look too much at Michael's because I recently read a post on here about how sparse their bead selection is.  Well....not here.  lol.  Hobby Lobby was half empty and had a lot of colors, but not many styles, and nothing that would count as an accent bead.  The black and white beads I bought were the best I could find.

Anyway.  I too found a new hobby.  I just spent a half hour finding $30 worth of beads I want on the Oriental Trading Company website.       I used to love beads when I was little.  I would pile them all together just so I could separate them.  I didn't ever make necklaces or anything that lasted, I would always take them apart.  I just liked looking at them more than making things.           .......I wonder if I still have those......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Mordoria
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2005 05:07:15 PM »

I know its late, can you add me to the list  too?  [email protected]     Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2005 09:15:13 AM »

I made some hair clips that other day and put some away for Christmas...

Here's the thread: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47064.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chelsea
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2005 05:26:13 AM »

I've started on my second bookthong.  I'm doing it w/ seed beeds all through the middle instead of leaving it open.  I hate WalMart, but they've got cheap beads...and they were open at 10pm last night when i needed them. Smiley   I got 4 different packages of beads for $8.   And some needles, which is why I had to wait until last night to start this new project because of all the tiny beads, I wasn't threading them onto the strand by hand....

Do they make different size beading needles?  They ony had one size at WalMart, and two of my seed beads fit barely, and another I have to force over the threaded end of the needle.  (Some will go easier than others - they're glass so I've broken a few).   I won't have a chance to check at our bead shop (Didn't know we even had one until yesterday) for a couple of days because I have to work. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2005 06:52:07 PM »

Okee.  I finished another bookmark.  I had two different brands of seed beads, so some went over the needle easily, the light colored ones didn't...I broke about 10 of them trying to get them to go over.   Undecided  but that's okay, the package of them was only 9cents anyway.   Roll Eyes   

I'm just so surprised that the colors ended up going so well.  I'm usually horrible with colors, and am possibly slightly colorblind (at least I was when I was little).  Especially since I got half of them at Hobby Lobby and the rest at WalMart.  I usually have to hold things right next to each other, think a minute, then ask someone else if they think it matches   Embarrassed   hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2005 03:44:22 AM »

I just realised how close Christmas is!

I'm emailing to join. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005 03:46:21 AM by jadey_mcshadey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gomerriffic
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2005 12:50:53 PM »

What BEAUTIFUL BEADING!! Oh yes! Another addiction...ahem...I mean hobby ... LOL Very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just trying to find me...
Chelsea
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2005 07:28:15 PM »

Another bookmark.  I've got so many projects going right now I think I'm just going to stick with making a bunch of these.  I want to try out some jewelry designs, but I just don't have time for new stuff anymore!   This one has blue, clear and yellow beads.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettynpink
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2005 11:26:22 PM »

I just wanted to say that Chelsea those book thongs are gorgeous!

I may sign up for this Christmas All Year after this Christmas. No way I could keep up with the projects right now and I have to learn how to crochet and knit. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally updated my profile info!
mayerlove
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2005 11:47:53 AM »

i'm going to the "shop craafty" link on craftster, and buying things from craftsters as gifts. things i dont like to make or have the time- like soap and homemade body splashes. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...