A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap round 7 Discussion  (Read 66599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2007 06:05:41 PM »

Bye Lasandri!!  I hope you can come back and join us when things settle down a bit!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2007 08:50:51 PM »

Bye Lasandri!!  I hope you can come back and join us when things settle down a bit!!

i hope to come back soon, too! i think if its still going on by january, i will definitely join again, as i have all of january off Wink

i love this swap. and you guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sphinxy
« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2007 09:12:44 PM »

Oh Lasandri, I'm gonna miss seeing ur pics... Tongue U have the cutest baby pics... Tongue They make me want to have babies... Tongue
Hamhurst and I will always miss you Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #643 on: October 18, 2007 03:33:17 AM »

Lasandri, I hope you'll drop in the discussion threads from time to time (and bring baby pics!). Sorry to see you go.

I'll have a lot more time in January, too. Plus I'm stuck in the house a lot in the winter, and go into crafting overdrive! I seriously hope this is still going on then.  Cheesy

I might pick up another craft show for this weekend, because the weather looks good. We will have to decide later on today. At least I have pretty new cards for all the jewelry now... Roll Eyes

Had a lot of rough weather here yesterday, and I stayed away from my computer a lot. Maybe today I'll have a chance to do something about my shop. Depends on whether we get into a show or not. Experience has taught us not to book outdoor festivals/shows far in advance this time of year; it's better to risk not getting as good of a spot, rather than paying for a show where we will be out in a cold, pelting rain, or severe weather.  Tongue

If we pick up a show, I need to get a few more things ready for it.

Edited to add:

I'm thinking about taking down the bead stars today, and replacing them with some more dragonfly charms. Anyone want dragonflies?  Smiley

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007 05:20:16 AM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadskydiver
« Reply #644 on: October 18, 2007 08:42:40 AM »

Well, everyone, I think I am starting to suffer from Shop the Swap points keeper burn-out. I just can't keep up this pace any more. I want to have time to craft to be able to actually open my shop again!

So, I am asking for any one who would be interested in volunteering to take over the points keeping part of this swap for the next round. I know I probably shouldn't have posted what the time committment I've been putting in has been and then ask for volunteers but it is no small task. We've had 230 claims so far this Round, for Round 6 there were ~260 claims and for Round 5 there were ~370 claims. So just in claims, sends and recieves that is ~1000 PM's for the month. Then there are the PM's for the sign-ups, the pm's for the re-claims when a shop was closed, the pm's about points errors, the pms for resends if something was incorrect in the format. Anyways, you get the idea. I will help out with the transition as much as I can. I plan on still being around. If you'd like to help keep this swap running and see what it's like "behind the scenes" send me a PM.  Cool If you think I've been doing crappy job and you can do better, send me PM. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #645 on: October 18, 2007 08:56:13 AM »

We'll miss you lasandri!  Kiss

rhsd, do you think there might be any way to automate the point system a bit? like a webpage where the claimaint would enter their claim and the number of points, attached to some kind of online spreadsheet? I'm not an html programmer, so that might be completely implausible....

I am going to take a hiatus from additional custom sewing orders for a while due to upcoming travel, theater costuming, and holiday sewing.  It may return again, but likely not until at least December or possibly after that. I may offer a few specific semi-custom things, where I already have the fabric and pattern, and you get to pick the size and alterations.  Other types of custom items (dyeing, etc) are still a possibility.

January is definitely a good month for crafting - no garden, no theater, trapped in the apartment  Roll Eyes

I am open again, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 28  instagram!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #646 on: October 18, 2007 09:37:40 AM »

Redheadskydiver, you've done a wonderful job!!  I was wondering if we couldn't somehow make it easier by changing it up a bit.  How about letting everyone regulate their claims/sends at the bottom of their shop and letting it go on the honor system.  It would be the responsibility of the sender and the claimee to check each other and make sure the claim was noted in the shop.  We'd still send PMs when we sent to our partners.  Then at the end of the round we could be assigned random partners to double check our points and start over.  It would kinda be self-regulating since no one would want their claims/sends to be lost. 

Too bad we don't have a way to make a page that everyone could edit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cookies
« Reply #647 on: October 18, 2007 10:03:41 AM »

I wish I could help with the points, but I don't think I'm smart enough to figure out the computer program!  I vaguely remember learning about spreadsheets in a computer class I took in college, about 12 years ago!  (am I really that old?)   Wink

I'd probably have to keep track of it on paper, a sheet for each person, and do it somewhat like a checkbook register.  I imagine that would be a major pain-in-the-butt. 

Sorry.   Undecided  But maybe one day there will be something I can help out with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brihene

i'm kind of a big deal.

« Reply #648 on: October 18, 2007 10:18:53 AM »

Aww, that's too bad lasandri Sad We'll miss you! Hopefully you can join again sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < )

My shop the swap 7 shop!

Horse swap, anyone?
redheadskydiver
« Reply #649 on: October 18, 2007 11:02:11 AM »

It's not too bad guys, the spreadsheet (that I'm sorry I can't remember who) developed is a big huge help. I enter the usernames of the two people to/from and item description the date of the claim the number of points and it automatically moves the points around from person to person. Then I can type in the dates when it is shipped and received.

I wish there was an easier way and if somebody comes up with it, wohoo! but until then this spreadsheet works pretty darn well. The honor system would be nice but if you really think about you'll realize it's not feasible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...