A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need a little bit of help from someone with Dreamweaver knowledge...  (Read 1223 times)
Tags for this thread: dreamweaver  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
soda_dreamer
« on: September 27, 2007 03:29:39 AM »

Right!
I'm not 100% sure whether I should be posting this here but I have searched all the Dreamweaver related forums and nothing helps me.

You all have some cracking websites so I'm sure someone must know the answer!

I have just closed my website so I can re-do the whole thing. I'm happy with how it's all turning out BUT all my links are blue.

It doesn't matter what colour I choose for my links in the 'page properties' bit, they are always blue (before clicking on them).

Preferably, I don't want my links to have a 'colour' (I keep getting ugly boxes around pictures when I don't want boxes around them at all).

So what do I do?
Is there a way of just having no colour on my links?

Cheers,
Sally
xXx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/x_sodadreamer_x

www.liliesofleek.co.uk - Handmade Jewellery And Accessories For Everyone!
gilowyn
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007 03:56:57 AM »

You need to create a CSS for links. In the CSS, define "none" for Decoration - it will then not underline your links.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soda_dreamer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007 04:03:01 AM »

a:link {
   color: ffffff;
   text-decoration: none;

Basically, that's what I've got for each bit (visited etc). I tried to change the colour to 'none' lol - but it wouldn't have that.

My links aren't underlined - they're just blue. I just want them... colourless so they don't put boxes around my pictures.

I'll put my site in my sig, I don't think I've changed it yet so you can see?
Sally
PS - thanks a lot ^.^ I thought it would be you who answered lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MySpace

Pearlescent
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007 04:05:43 AM »

For teh ugly borders around boxes you need to do this:

<*img src="YOUR PIC LINK HERE" border="0">

... but without the * and with your link (obviously)

What kind of code are you using on your page? html, CSS, do you have any java script in there etc. Without knowing this it could be several things causing your links to remain blue Smiley

Edit - You're missing the # from before the FFFFFF all colours should be #FFFFFF maybe that will help *fingers crossed*

Looking at the page source you have a few of the hexidecimal colours missing the #
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 04:07:07 AM by Pearlescent » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gilowyn
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007 04:12:45 AM »

Okay, CSS does work, you can even change the color to black or whatever, but - it is sometimes bitchy. For a link to not be blue, you need to add the color to the CSS, by the way.

If the link is already in the code, you need to be sure that the CSS is applied correctly. Most probably, you have already played around with trying to change the link to look differently, which means you have a number of code buried in there.

For that, you need to enter the code view. This is what the code looks like:

< a href="http://gila.com" class="link">pictures < /a>

My CSS class is called .link, and it means that the work "pictures is a link (without the spaces, of course) and the class for only this link (no span) is that CSS class.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 04:14:20 AM by gilowyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

soda_dreamer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007 04:22:02 AM »

The more I read... the less I know lol.

I'm not sure how to add the colour to the CSS.  Undecided

Truth be told, I just kind of jumped in and didn't actually read much so I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing on any level... Things I've done I've just sort of, worked out, but I know there are proper ways of doing everything.

One other thing is that I didn't make a template... so I have to change each webpage - is there a way to change that now?

.....should I start again....
Oh dear lol.

Thanks,
Sally
x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MySpace

gilowyn
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007 05:40:16 AM »

Depends on your site.... You can save a page as a template, but will need to delete all content/ changing pictures and add editable regions instead.

This is how I usually work:

- Make the layout in Fireworks
- Define web slices, export the pictures
- Start a new template page in Dreamweaver
- Build the page with tables - that is almost impossible to do if you aren't familiar with the tricks.

In the CSS, you can add different classes, for example header, subheader, links, text. That means that whenever you want to format something, you just use the CSS class - and if you change the CSS class, it will automatically change all pages.

When editing or adding a CSS class, you get a window with different settings - one of them is decoration (where you select none for links), you set the font, and you have a grey box where you can select the color. If it says "Automatic", that means the links will be blue - so you need to set it to #ffffff if you want them to remain black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...