A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tote for my vet (with semi-tutorial)  (Read 6763 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Limegreenchicken
I love being a bag lady!

Kim

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2004 10:13:08 AM »

My vet is actually a man but his sister Kayla is the office manager and I just love the whole family. I am taking my 9 year old Dachshund to him today because he chipped a tooth (old codger).....anyways, thought I would take her a little XMas gift. Hope you can see the fabric well......too cute, little animal doctors. Appropriate huh?

http://images7.fotki.com/v130/photos/4/42334/1512163/vet2-vi.jpg

Close up
http://images8.fotki.com/v140/photos/4/42334/1512163/vet3-vi.jpg

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012 10:25:09 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Forty is when you finally get your head together, and your body starts falling apart.
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004 10:15:22 AM »

thats so cute, and very nice of you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
arrhythmia
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004 11:02:20 AM »

That is the cutest fabric, limegreenchicken. I love the x-ray one! Such a fun bag! I know she'll love it. You seem like you have the most fun making these bags. Send some of that inspiration my way, lol! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazeeMoi
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004 11:23:03 AM »

that is soooooooooooo cute!! wonderful tote!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mazasala
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004 06:48:26 PM »

I really like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fl_mariposa
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004 07:28:53 PM »

Awesome! That fabric is too cool for anyone who likes animals. I hope she really likes it. What a sweet thing to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
andreamarie
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004 09:25:38 AM »

Have you posted a tutorial for your bags?  I love the shape and size of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am selling my crafty things to raise some money to go towards my adoption costs!

You can find my stuff for sale at:

http://andreamarie.etsy.com
kattghoti
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004 09:43:39 AM »

That is so cute!  I love blackbottomed bags like that.  I second the call for a tute if you haven't posted one, or a link to one if you have.  (I'm just so darned lazy Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Limegreenchicken
I love being a bag lady!

Kim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004 12:23:12 PM »

Hi ladies, I hate to say it but I dont have a pattern even that I used for these. I can give you general directions, but that is about it.

http://images8.fotki.com/v131/photos/4/42334/1512163/scan-vi.jpg

My basic (before sewing) size is 14x12 with a 2 inch cutaway at bottom for the square bottom.
To make the black (or whatever you want) bottom just form a pattern and cut the top 2/3rds off to make the bottom and a seperate top. Cut enough to leave a quarter inch seem allowance or whatever allowance you are used to.

After cutting all pieces, fuse interfacing to wrong side of outer fabric. Sew together the bottom of outer fabric with the right sides together. Sew sides then at corners fold together and sew to form square bottom. I double stitch for reinforcement.
Repeat above (except interfacing) for the lining. If you like you can make interior pockets at this time. Make sure you sew pockets in before sewing lining together  Wink
Turn outer fabric right side out and press well. Do not turn lining. Press lining well. Turn a 1/2 inch at the tops of both lining and outer. Outer will turn inward, lining will turn outward. Press well.  Either make handles out of a contrasting fabric or use webbing. I prefer the webbing as I am too lazy to make them....haha. Pin between the outer and lining and sew taking care to reinforce at the handles.

Sorry this is horrible direction........it is soooo easy, it is hard to explain. If that makes sense.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012 05:32:31 PM by kaz814 - Reason: removed broken images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Forty is when you finally get your head together, and your body starts falling apart.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...