A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
210 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Individual strawberry and kiwi cheesecakes  (Read 1144 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , cheesecake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
purpley
Witchy Crafty Cook

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2007 11:53:33 AM »

I made these for the first time on Sunday and they have turned out to be popular with my friends, so I thought I would share the recipe..

Crust

1 cup (100g) graham wafer crumbs or crushed digestive cookies
1 tablespoon (15g) granulated white sugar
4 tablespoons (55g) unsalted butter, melted

Filling

2 x 8 oz package full fat cream cheese
2/3 cup (130g) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream

Garnish (optional)

Fresh strawberry and kiwi fruit slices

Method

Line 12  - 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 inch muffin cups with one - 2 inch (5 cm) wide x 6 inch (15 cm) long strip of parchment paper.  (The ends will hang over the sides of the cups to be used as handles to lift out the baked cheesecakes.) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven.

For Crust: In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press about a tablespoon of crumbs on the bottoms of the 12 muffin cups lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate while you make the filling.

For Filling: In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth.  Add the sugar and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds. Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and beat until incorporated. Remove the crusts from the refrigerator and evenly divide the filling among the 12 muffin cups.  

Bake for about 18 - 20 minutes or until firm but the centers of the cheesecakes still wobble a little. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Let cool and then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (a few hours or even overnight).

Remove cheesecakes by first running a sharp knife around the inside edge of the muffin cups to loosen the cheesecakes. Then, taking hold of the two strips of parchment paper, carefully lift each cheesecake from the muffin cups. Gently peel off the parchment paper and place on your serving plate. Top with strawberry sauce and/or fresh berries.

Makes 12 individual cheesecakes.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011 03:45:16 AM by TroubleT - Reason: revealed picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged
playinghooky
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007 07:20:48 PM »

This looks yummy.  I've made a no-bake version, but these sound just as easy.
I just wanted to let you know that in your ingredients, where you meant to write cream cheese, you just have "cream". (obviously different effect) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For the love of all things scrumptious or crafty
http://figswithbri.com/
purpley
Witchy Crafty Cook

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007 12:50:09 AM »

This looks yummy.  I've made a no-bake version, but these sound just as easy.
I just wanted to let you know that in your ingredients, where you meant to write cream cheese, you just have "cream". (obviously different effect) Grin

Thanks for pointing that out!!  Grin hmm, that would have been interesting! I've changed it now!

They were very easy to make, and taste good too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...