A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
176 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My fabric storage  (Read 36824 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ms.cate
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2007 06:14:40 PM »

I gave it a go last week....

I'm getting rid of a heap of books and getting a smaller bookcase for under the window to house what's left.

I have a 3 tubs under the bed- scraps, clothes to make into things and felted jumpers...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dunners
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2007 11:08:29 PM »

Wow, they both look great!  And such wonderful fabrics in your collections.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gardenpicnic
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2007 02:48:17 PM »

Beautifully done!
I would love to have this in my place.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

photojenn
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2007 04:34:59 PM »

I just started doing this with my fabric, it works great!  Thanks for the awesome idea  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*crystal*
Promos in a Snap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007 07:35:25 AM »

You are all welcomed! It wasn't my idea but I like to think I inspired you all. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007 09:50:20 PM »

Ooo, if I did this I'd have more room for more fabric!!!

ha ha I just snorted... I was thinking the same thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2007 10:02:31 PM »

Okay, I just read through 8 pages and everyone decided to clean up their bookcases, so I guess that means I better.  I do not have a ton of fabric, but what I have sits in a little basket under my end table in my living room but I forget it's there.  I need to display it.  Hmm...
I bought a bookcase from Target a long time ago specifically for the overflow of DVDs I buy and mostly for yarn and beads and papers and photos.  Since I've put it up, a year ago, it's just a collection of crap all over the place...random bits of things... not organized.  My bedroom is a storage for all my projects I'm working on.  This weekend I swore and promised myself to make it a nice, cozy bedroom with part of it being my office and part of it being my crafting storage.  You have inspired me.  I need to get crackin'!

Also, awesome bins!!  Love the color, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
M Fox
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2007 11:34:44 PM »

Thanks so much for this thread!  I've got to get our spare bedroom organized.  All my craft stuff is stashed all over, I need to sort it out.  My fabric is in a huge tote and is a pita to go through to find a fabric that I *think* I remember having!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nemejia
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2007 09:28:30 AM »

Did you secure your fabric with anything? pins, rubberbands? or did you cut slots into the cardboard? Do you know if those comic book cardboards are acid free? I would imagine they are since people are trying to protect their comic books!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ms.cate
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2007 03:46:54 PM »

I just folded it....quite a bit of my fabric was quite thick and heavy like curtains...so i tried to make each vaguely neat and let the others in the row hold it in place-its not brillant but better than it was. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...