A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 320,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
247 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 67118 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007 05:45:19 PM »

I'm beginning to see that this is not going to be a cheap project. I just priced yarn that could be substituted for the Handpainted Yarn recommended in the pattern, and I can't come up with the right yardage of any brand yarn for less than $30. Of course, it beats the price of most sweaters you'd buy in a store these days that will last.

I really have my eye on This Yarn from Knit Picks. I really like the Spumoni colorway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
erikasewing
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007 10:52:20 PM »

I hope to start this sweater within the next few days.  I'm going to use yarn I've unraveled and dyed. I'm trying to decide between: (1) a bulky cotton or (2) a really nice 100% merino (BananaRepublic brand).

This is perhaps the prettiest sweater I've seen in awhile.  I can't wait to see everyone's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007 11:03:23 PM »

I agree with the immediate lusting after this top!  I expect it will be pretty high up on my list once I find a vegan yarn with the right gauge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
Gummy
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007 12:08:19 AM »

I really want to make this too (which is bad because I already have a billion WIPs and by that I mean something more like 7).  I will have to wait until I can go get some yarn for it though.

I also want to do something different with the neckline if I do make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magicaljennybella.blogspot.com

Ravelry: Jennybella
owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007 12:53:49 AM »

Do you think that the drape would be affected too much if it was knitted with two strands of a thinner (more readily available...) yarn? I was thinking about this the other night, and I don't think my town has a suitable yarn in it! It would be really quick. I was considering Cleckheaton Vintage Hues, but I think it would be too thin...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erikasewing
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007 07:26:48 AM »

KAT- I just thought I would mention a great way I save money on yarn -- which is buying from thrift stores and unraveling.  I have found many great sweaters for about $2 - $3.  Cream- colored are perfect because you can just dye it any color you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007 08:16:47 AM »

owly, I had the same question.  If any one has any opinions, I'd be glad to hear them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007 08:34:15 AM »

KAT- I just thought I would mention a great way I save money on yarn -- which is buying from thrift stores and unraveling.  I have found many great sweaters for about $2 - $3.  Cream- colored are perfect because you can just dye it any color you like.

That is an awesome suggestion. I actually bought some great fabric at a thrift store last summer, so I definitely need to hit them up for some yarn. We have a Goodwill just down the road.  Smiley

Ah, but I did buy some yarn today to knit this particular sweater. Michael's had Moda Dea Tweedle Dee on sale for less than $5.  Grin Yarn sales make me *squee*!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007 11:24:35 AM »

I'm planning on making this next week, or in October. I'm allergic to wool, so I opted for acrylic since I've learned my lesson by trying to sub 100% cotton or 100% alpaca for large items that can drape too much. I'm using Bernat Black Lites Yarn, and it is annoying that it is going to cost me a lot more than if I could just use the damn wool! I had to order it online because I couldn't find it at any of the local craft stores for some reason.

Figures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_westenra
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007 11:25:43 AM »

I am SOOO knitting this once I get done with the swap and christmas knitting I've taken on for the year. I don't care that my other projects are languishing, I. NEED. THIS. SWEATER. I already bought yarn for it (some lovely olive colored bulky yarn). I'm just itching to start this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My alarm clock still holds a grudge from the time I threw it at the wall

I etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=14762
I wist: http://www.wists.com/NaphthalineRiver
I blog: http://tinaisnoacronym.blogspot.com/
I am down for personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...