A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 311,829
Currently Running With Scissors:
361 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherie Amour-along (knitty fall 07)  (Read 61636 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007 05:45:19 PM »

I'm beginning to see that this is not going to be a cheap project. I just priced yarn that could be substituted for the Handpainted Yarn recommended in the pattern, and I can't come up with the right yardage of any brand yarn for less than $30. Of course, it beats the price of most sweaters you'd buy in a store these days that will last.

I really have my eye on This Yarn from Knit Picks. I really like the Spumoni colorway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
erikasewing
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007 10:52:20 PM »

I hope to start this sweater within the next few days.  I'm going to use yarn I've unraveled and dyed. I'm trying to decide between: (1) a bulky cotton or (2) a really nice 100% merino (BananaRepublic brand).

This is perhaps the prettiest sweater I've seen in awhile.  I can't wait to see everyone's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007 11:03:23 PM »

I agree with the immediate lusting after this top!  I expect it will be pretty high up on my list once I find a vegan yarn with the right gauge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
Gummy
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007 12:08:19 AM »

I really want to make this too (which is bad because I already have a billion WIPs and by that I mean something more like 7).  I will have to wait until I can go get some yarn for it though.

I also want to do something different with the neckline if I do make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magicaljennybella.blogspot.com

Ravelry: Jennybella
owly

...hold your breath and clasp at Cassiopoeia...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007 12:53:49 AM »

Do you think that the drape would be affected too much if it was knitted with two strands of a thinner (more readily available...) yarn? I was thinking about this the other night, and I don't think my town has a suitable yarn in it! It would be really quick. I was considering Cleckheaton Vintage Hues, but I think it would be too thin...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erikasewing
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007 07:26:48 AM »

KAT- I just thought I would mention a great way I save money on yarn -- which is buying from thrift stores and unraveling.  I have found many great sweaters for about $2 - $3.  Cream- colored are perfect because you can just dye it any color you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007 08:16:47 AM »

owly, I had the same question.  If any one has any opinions, I'd be glad to hear them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007 08:34:15 AM »

KAT- I just thought I would mention a great way I save money on yarn -- which is buying from thrift stores and unraveling.  I have found many great sweaters for about $2 - $3.  Cream- colored are perfect because you can just dye it any color you like.

That is an awesome suggestion. I actually bought some great fabric at a thrift store last summer, so I definitely need to hit them up for some yarn. We have a Goodwill just down the road.  Smiley

Ah, but I did buy some yarn today to knit this particular sweater. Michael's had Moda Dea Tweedle Dee on sale for less than $5.  Grin Yarn sales make me *squee*!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007 11:24:35 AM »

I'm planning on making this next week, or in October. I'm allergic to wool, so I opted for acrylic since I've learned my lesson by trying to sub 100% cotton or 100% alpaca for large items that can drape too much. I'm using Bernat Black Lites Yarn, and it is annoying that it is going to cost me a lot more than if I could just use the damn wool! I had to order it online because I couldn't find it at any of the local craft stores for some reason.

Figures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_westenra
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007 11:25:43 AM »

I am SOOO knitting this once I get done with the swap and christmas knitting I've taken on for the year. I don't care that my other projects are languishing, I. NEED. THIS. SWEATER. I already bought yarn for it (some lovely olive colored bulky yarn). I'm just itching to start this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My alarm clock still holds a grudge from the time I threw it at the wall

I etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=14762
I wist: http://www.wists.com/NaphthalineRiver
I blog: http://tinaisnoacronym.blogspot.com/
I am down for personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Croissant Bread Pudding
@Home This Weekend: DIY Side Table
May 17, 2017 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...