A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old CDs / AOL CDs / AOL CD Cases  (Read 201807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
doc*dog

What cute grandkids, they can't be mine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2006 07:19:39 AM »

Here ya go
http://www.rainchains.com/
I just did a google search on rain chain and there's a bunch of sites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2006 08:25:05 AM »

Thanks! I will try that...duh...I should have done that in the first place!  I had just never heard of rain chains before.  Much appreciated, TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
klinglerjh
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2006 09:45:02 PM »

Okay I have read ALL the pages!!! and I mean all, MY HEAD IS SWIMMING WITH IDEAS.  Now I know what I am doing tomorrow while my oldest daughter is at a b-day party with my wife, my yougest and I will be doing some cd art experimenting.  All except that Mircowave one, I have to try that at work, not putting the home Micro to the test.

Like the stack of them for a lamp (WAY kewl!) and the ceiling fixture one is goin in my daughters room, and I am going to try the melt over shape in the oven too.

I have also seen needle work that resembles those 60's/70's string art on a board done on a CD.  Instead of nails you drill small holes in them and stitch thru with embrodery floss and needle.  You can use the hand needle drill but a dremel works best for drilling and you can stack and do multiples at a time.

We have also done them as picture frames, spray paint white and deco like a wreath on the outside edge and round picture in the center.

John
A Guy who knits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happy cricket
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2006 05:41:18 PM »

I = HAPPY!!!   We have litterally tens of thousands of CD cases at work that we've been hanging onto forever, and my boss just told me she wants them gone by Friday.   I'm definitely bringing a billion home and BWAH HAH HAH'ing my way to the craft room.   

Hey - what do you all think of me hotgluing them to my kids' bathroom ceiling?   I picture the CD case, with a CD inside, shiney side out (I have thousands of CD's too - I work for a software company and you'd be shocked how many of these we throw away).   Then I "tile" the ceiling, like a new-wavey sort of tin ceiling?   

Si?   No?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bubba of Borg - "Y'all's fixin' ta be assimilated" - Chris Richards

http://cookingsucks.blogspot.com
craft-matic
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2006 08:04:24 PM »

Happy Cricket, that sounds really cool. 

There's a house in my neighborhood that hung a gazillion CD's from a tree in their front yard for christmas decorations, and they look really cool.  It gave me an idea for a take on track lighting.  You'd get the large-style christmas lights, and unscrew the bulbs, fit the CD over the neck, then screw the bulbs back in.  You could set them in styrofoam like they did in that old issue of readymade (they did it with lights alone, no CDs), or even drill some holes in a longish 2 X 4 or a thinner piece of molding, then tack the wires down in back and mount it under a cabinet or along a wall or the top of a bookcase or somewhere like that, or hang it by some chain from a ceiling hook....

aaaah, if only my landlord would let me play   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
OMFG carolyn
Draco can slytherin to my bed.

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2006 05:06:41 PM »

i scraped the labeling off of some CD's in my house that we never used, or that were too scratched or beat up to play with. my dad's a complete computer nerd, so this wasnt difficult. i took a pocket knife and put it at a hard angle and scraped it off. then, i heated up a needle and poked a hole through them and strung a CD throuugh about five of them. if you hang them up around your room, it's really cool. also, i read near the beginning of this thread that the reflections are pretty so i hung one near my window....wow! its bright. it wakes me up in the morning sometimes. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a look to see if it's solid, aren't we? We're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?'"
--Ron Weasley
cocinero
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2006 03:07:28 AM »

Here an idea which I do not know if it works:

- take the shiny side of the CD and put duct tape in a nice pattern on it (leaving spaces of the CD visible)
- apply a bit of nasty solvent (as acetone) on the CD, the visible spaces should turn milky
- after removing the duct tape you will have a nice artwork

As said, I didn't try it by now, but I think it should work...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2006 02:56:46 AM »

Kweeket, I love that tin...I am going to try that with some soup or tuna cans...some of my C.D. freebies have kool designs on them so I am going to chop them up so that I can make use of them and do kind of a collage thing.  Thanks for posting the picture, it looks like it would be shiny and rainbowish on a window sill to catch the sun...it would make a great planter, as a matter of facto, if you could line it.  You could even stick some little C.D. pieces on the dirt and hang a few on leaves!  So many ideas...so little time...or in my case so little follow-through!  Tish
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
Lollygaggle

Stuck in a moment...

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2006 12:39:20 AM »

Hey I'm new here, & I'm not sure if this has already been posted but...
  Has anyone thought about re-covering the Cd with paper (just trace it & cover it with paper). It could be used as a tag for scrapbooking, paper crafts, etc..
 Also, those envelopes could be re-used as page pockets for a scrap/altered book!
   I am soo inspired now!  Wink Gotta Go Get Crafty! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2006 05:37:59 AM »

I just decorate mine and use them as pretty coasters, like I'm sure someone has already posted, but anyways Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...