A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Girls Love Mail!!!  (Read 286 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

excelsior
« on: August 16, 2017 11:20:56 AM »

Hello Chicago, I just committed to making some cards for this group, Girls Love Mail.  http://www.girlslovemail.com/  They send handwritten letters to ladies who have recently been diagnosed or are recovering from breast cancer.  Would you like to get together to put some cards together and write a note of encouragement for someone who might need cheering up?  We can meet at the central location of Harold Washington Library Center.  You can bring your own supplies if you have any and I can bring some for those who have none.  They require cards to be no larger than 4.75" x 6.5 " and you can keep the envelopes of your cards to use for something else.  (Or if you don't need the envelopes I have another group I am in who might use them.)  Please reply here!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017 11:22:48 AM by excelsior » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AuntTawna
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017 11:59:04 AM »

Can I do this in Ohio?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
excelsior
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017 01:08:25 PM »

Aunt Tawna, I'm sure they will appreciate more letters!  You can sign up and commit to how often you would like to send them letters (see link in my original post).  Please read the Guidelines and FAQ and sign up via email.  Then you write the letters/cards and mail them yourself to Girls Love Mail and they will then forward on to ladies who need a smile.  Maybe you can even create your own group in Ohio or get together with a Scouts group or a girls club near you.  Or just do your own thing and give them to hospitals or a cancer center in your town, I'm sure someone will appreciate your thoughts and kindness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
excelsior
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017 10:24:30 AM »

Here are a selection of cards I made to mail to Girls Love Mail.  They are folded in a way that they can stand up, as shown in the first photo, or be flattened for mailing:

I made the pretty part of the card from decoupage images I printed on cardstock, glued onto paint chip samples.  I added a haiku.  The card part itself is from used file folders that I cut into thirds, some of them even have a lighter color shade on the inside of the folder.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017 10:25:54 AM by excelsior » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...