A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 311,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
293 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday gift wrap swap  (Read 808 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« on: September 05, 2007 02:06:53 PM »

Hi!  Would anyone be interested in a holiday gift wrap swap? 

Here's what I'm thinking:  I love wrapping gifts in unique and creative ways, and I know I've seen lots of you gals and guys say the same thing.  So what if we each made up enough gift wrapping stuff for a bunch of gifts (maybe 5?) and mailed each set to a different person.  Each set would have enough to wrap, label and embellish one gift. 

Examples of a set might be:
- An embellished, decorative box with some tissue paper, a stamped card and a gorgeous bow
- A fabric, reusable bag to put the gifts into, a handmade gift tag and some ribbon
- Some painted (stamped, dyed, etc.) wrapping paper, a collaged card and some raffia or string

Here are some links to neat, handmade gift wrap ideas:
http://www.sunset.com/sunset/Premium/Home/2002/12-Dec/CookieCutters1202/CookieCutters12022.html
http://wrapsacks.com/gift_bags
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/crafting/article/0,1789,HGTV_3352_1541724,00.html
and of course, martha has a jillion ideas on her site:
http://www.marthastewart.com/christmas-gifts-and-wrapping?&autonomy_kw=gift%20wrap&rsc=ns2006_m4

You could make all 5 sets the same (which could save on time!) or make 5 unique sets.

So, what do you think?  This is my first swap suggestion ever, so I'd really love any feedback you can give me. 

Thanks!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caffeine_fiend
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007 05:10:22 PM »

This is definitely an interesting idea, though sizing the paper would be really difficult...
Maybe we could have like 2 partners that you send to and includes like one holiday gift and handmade gift cards too or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007 12:37:03 PM »

This is definitely an interesting idea, though sizing the paper would be really difficult...
Maybe we could have like 2 partners that you send to and includes like one holiday gift and handmade gift cards too or something?

hmmm... I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.  Could you please re-phrase it for me?  Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caffeine_fiend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007 07:01:12 PM »

Well I was mostly mentioning it for sake of a brain storm to help get more people interested in the swap.
I merely meant instead of multiple partners just one or two that you send the handmade paper too. But instead of it just being a "gift wrap" swap you can include one holiday gift (wrapped up equally as nice) such as cookies or a stocking or whatever appeals. As well as handmade cards and gift tags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...