A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
183 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zephyr Style's Juliet  (Read 33450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
615bride
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2007 08:40:07 PM »

eeek! Our first finisher - it looks great - love the color!

Did you try it on at all? I know it's for a friend but I'm wondering how you find the fit....

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesdmill
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2007 10:29:13 PM »

I have finished mine - wow, it was the quickest knit ever!  Mine is made of cotton fleece doubled, and I followed the directions for XS exactly.  I love it so much, I had to go out to dinner tonight just so I had somewhere to wear it!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019 09:26:18 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2007 11:11:36 PM »

That's gorgeous! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
615bride
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2007 05:39:35 AM »

jesdmill- That's gorgeous. You did a great job! Love the color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

landry
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2007 09:10:37 AM »

Lovely, jesdmill! I really like the color too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
MAGENTABABY
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2007 08:20:58 AM »

Someone posted on Zephyr Style about making the sleeves longer but I don't think it has any replies yet....

I would love to make mine with 3/4 lengh sleeves!
Still waiting for my yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2007 09:08:15 AM »

This might make it onto my "to do" list if it had longer sleeves...  Hope somebody tries it and posts pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
615bride
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2007 04:36:28 PM »

I'm starting the lace section now... Will try to get a progress picture up soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittheory
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007 09:24:16 AM »

I'm in the middle of the XS - just finished the setup row for the lace!  (I actually completely finished the S but then frogged back up to the sleeve-cast-off for the XS because the S was just kind of a huge bag-looking-thing on me)

I had a long moment of confusion with that setup row, b/c if you do 21 repeats of K1f&b&f&b (which by the way is SO not my favorite stitch!), you end up with 163 sts, not the 159 that it says.  I did some math and 163 is the right number so that the lace works out evenly.  So for anyone having issues on the lace setup for the XS, I think the solution is follow their instructions to do 21 repeats of the *K3, K1f&b&f&b* to get 163 total stitches, and ignore the 159 sts they say you should have.

The two pics posted so far are super cute!   Smiley I searched far and wide online trying to find finished pics since it's such a new pattern, and stumbled across craftster in the process... how had I not known about this before?  What an amazing website!  I hope to take some pics of my Juliet in progress/finished later this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAGENTABABY
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007 09:31:38 AM »

I'm in the middle of the XS - just finished the setup row for the lace!  (I actually completely finished the S but then frogged back up to the sleeve-cast-off for the XS because the S was just kind of a huge bag-looking-thing on me)

I had a long moment of confusion with that setup row, b/c if you do 21 repeats of K1f&b&f&b (which by the way is SO not my favorite stitch!), you end up with 163 sts, not the 159 that it says.  I did some math and 163 is the right number so that the lace works out evenly.  So for anyone having issues on the lace setup for the XS, I think the solution is follow their instructions to do 21 repeats of the *K3, K1f&b&f&b* to get 163 total stitches, and ignore the 159 sts they say you should have.

The two pics posted so far are super cute!   Smiley I searched far and wide online trying to find finished pics since it's such a new pattern, and stumbled across craftster in the process... how had I not known about this before?  What an amazing website!  I hope to take some pics of my Juliet in progress/finished later this week!
I've had the same issues with lace panel, but other ppl who are making it xs mentioned they didn't have problem.  I guess they just didn't count the stitches after the set up row.  Thank you for the info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...