A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
280 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zephyr Style's Juliet  (Read 33488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
salexish
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2007 01:57:31 PM »

wow - you've all inspired me to get cracking on this.  this is exactly what my fall wardrobe needs.  i just downloaded the pattern and i can't wait to get home and peruse the stash... 

(not that i have any business working on a project for me, given the number of WIPs i've got lying around for other people, but i can't help it!  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2007 02:13:01 PM »

My yarn from Webs just shipped today. I wish it were here!

I'm using cascade ecological wool, has anyone used this? How bulky is it? I'm wondering if I will have to double strand or not. Gauge sample gauge sample here I come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
Steffania
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2007 03:19:49 PM »

it's a heavy worsted yarn
i doubt you would have to double strand it

i also plan on using it for my juliet, but i haven't had a chance to knit a swatch yet
sorry i can't be of more help
THIS ROCKS   Logged

candicane
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007 06:19:00 PM »

I just finished my first repeat of the lace section. I think it looks pretty good, except the K1f,b,f,b on the setup row look a little odd and lumpy. I don't know if I did something wrong here.

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MAGENTABABY
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007 07:29:07 PM »

I just finished my first repeat of the lace section. I think it looks pretty good, except the K1f,b,f,b on the setup row look a little odd and lumpy. I don't know if I did something wrong here.

candice
How many stitches did you have on lace set row to have lace panel symmetrical?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candicane
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2007 05:54:34 AM »

I used the 173 (per pattern) and I think it looks fine. A poster on Ravelry also made the small and posted pics and it looks symmetrical without any modifications. She also had this to say (which is too late for me) but thought it might be helpful for others. If you have a Ravelry account, check hers out, it is really pretty.

"As for where to start the lace, I started mine directly after the bust as per the pattern.

I've found that the lace under the arm where the sleeves are joined is a weak spot. The lace panel is stretching out of shape a little - nothing too dramatic but I know it is there iykwim.

If I was to do it again I think I would join the sleeves and continue with just a row or two of garter for strength and then start the lace."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2007 04:01:17 PM »

Thanks for posting that info candicane - I haven't gotten into Ravelry yet.

I'm making the longer cardi so I think I'll be waiting on the lace anyway but this is good to know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madgirl66
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2007 02:27:34 PM »

I'm halfway into the yoke, using Cascade 128 Tweed, color 7630. I can't wait to start the lace! I'm thinking of making the sleeves a bit longer-has anyone else considered this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Could you tell me...why you got a dead man with an arm missing in your boot?
   Hey, George...is that a tea cosy on his head?
~Snatch

Simon: How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: ...If I kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
~Firefly
615bride
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2007 04:15:57 PM »

Someone posted on Zephyr Style about making the sleeves longer but I don't think it has any replies yet....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kappatit
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2007 06:31:03 PM »

im done knitting this (have yet to block, or put the buttons/closures on it) and for the people who had questions, i had the same.  i knitted the extra small for a friend and was might freaked out bout the set up lace section because it wasnt even.  but the instructions were fine, the 159 or something was the number without the 3sts in the beg and end  (6 altogether) and even tho it wasn't intuitively even, everything worked out just fine.  i hope this makes sense?  anyways pics below.  i used cotton fleece double stranded and did the cropped version.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://harmonyknits.blogspot.com/ 

my first knitting blog =D
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...