A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
256 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zephyr Style's Juliet  (Read 33478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007 10:24:00 AM »

Here is my Juliet. I'm a little further on at this point.

And the buttons I'm going to use.

I think I want to use some leather string I have for the button loops but I'm stuck on the best way to attach them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittheory
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2007 11:45:42 AM »

Lulu - What a pretty color!  So fall-y  Smiley  And I LOVE your buttons!

I was thinking of using ribbon for the button loops, so I have pretty much the same question about attaching.  I guess it might have to come to hand-sewing or machine-sewing them on?  I'm not really enthused about how that might look though, I guess it would just come down to making a really good effort to do the sewing in between garter rows so it isn't very noticeable.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007 11:46:12 AM by knittheory » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2007 12:38:19 PM »

Oh I love the idea of ribbon! I think some tricky hand sewing would do the trick.

And thanks everyone about sizing advice, that's the scariest part about knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2007 01:52:57 PM »

Knittheory I've given it some more thought. I have some scraps from a pair of black leather pants lying around. I was thinking I could stitch the loop to one edge of a small leather square, then hand stitch the square near the edge. That way it's on securely and the loop wont distort the garter stitch or pull loose.

What do you think? This is all in theory so it may look like hell, in which case I could always yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2007 05:50:59 AM »

Well, I frogged. I tried it on again and it's just going to be too big. Grrr.

Lulu- It looks great so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittheory
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2007 07:57:31 AM »

Knittheory I've given it some more thought. I have some scraps from a pair of black leather pants lying around. I was thinking I could stitch the loop to one edge of a small leather square, then hand stitch the square near the edge. That way it's on securely and the loop wont distort the garter stitch or pull loose.

What do you think? This is all in theory so it may look like hell, in which case I could always yarn.

I think that sounds good - that was kinda my concern with using ribbon too.  Since it won't stretch like a crocheted loop would, I don't want it pulling too much and looking crappy when it's buttoned up.  I think I may try the same idea using a fabric square with the ribbon - I'll definitely be curious to know how yours works out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

candicane
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2007 04:04:16 PM »

I've been looking at finished Juliets and it seems that most who made an xsmall or small had 5 repeats of the lace. I am about to start my 5th repeat and am wondering how much length blocking will add. Any advice?

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candicane
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2007 10:55:24 AM »

She's done! I did 5 repeats of the lace and then 6 rows of garter stitch before binding off. I wanted 3 "ridges" of garter stitch to mirror the 3 stitches on the fronts. Will block tonight, and hopefully some pics this weekend.

candice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landry
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2007 03:18:53 PM »

I just ordered 8 hanks of O-Wool Balance for this. I can't wait to join you guys. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2007 11:01:15 AM »

[IMG]

Done! Yay!
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky
Needles: Size 10 1/2  (BO using 13's)
Embroidery floss for loops, with the buttons on backward. I was rushing and the black side matched my outfit =) I'm going to turn them around and change the loops to leather cord.

I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken
@Home This Weekend: Autumn Wreath
September 11, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...