A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JUNE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: Have you seen the Craft Challenge announcement?  Check out the details here!
Total Members: 312,010
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "What do YOU Journal About?!" Ideas thread!  (Read 94335 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftrica

Crafting in Africa

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2009 09:28:44 PM »

Wow, Steel Magnolia, those are truly wonderful pages. They are the kind I aspire to, but can never quite achieve. Thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do not go where the path might lead - go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2009 08:40:22 AM »

Those pages are amazing. I would love to have even half of that talent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2009 04:53:44 PM »

I've just started my visual journal and i'm using lots of the ideas from this thread. I'm also doing a 'photo a day' bit. I constantly take photos so i figured i'd choose one I take each day (one that i wouldn't usually get developed) and just print it straight from the computer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Graciechan
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2009 02:16:41 PM »

What I really want is an art journal - I love to write but my current journal never recieves any attention (blank pages intimidate me  Embarrassed) But in recently discovering this awesome section of Craftster, I think I've found my calling! Tomorrow I'm going to buy a huge fat plain notebook from the local stationer's and get going! (I have sooo many ideas now!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2009 06:08:06 PM »

I recently started my own journal. I've had many over the years, mostly written, but I never keep them going. For a while I even used to fake journal entries pretending that I wrote them on the actual day...  Wink

So here's my most recent one. I'm having a LOT of fun with it - -although it hasn't turned out even a little like I thought it would. Almost every idea has been stolen from this site. I huge thanks to everyone for inspiring me and letting me "borrow" your ideas.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery Cheesy

My journal is a huge binder with a Junior Mint cover. It's lined, which i'm not completely happy with, but it was just taking up space so I figured that I might as well use it.

No title page yet, and page 2 was supposed to be a calendar - but I havent bothered since the month is almost over. Hopefully i'll have an April calendar.

Page 3: the weather. Stolen from... Phebee
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=239360.0

Page 4: Things I learned today. Stolen from Jillee
I had wanted to paint over the post-its cause that looked great but couldn't be bothered getting my paints out. So far i've only used crayola markers Cheesy

Page 5: A photo a day. So far i've only done one photo cause i can never be bothered hooking my printer up to my laptop. But I like this page. Too bad only 2 photos can fit on a page.

Pg 6-7: Commentary on my tv shows

Pg 9: I'm going to start another music page later, but this one is just for those songs that get stuck in head for days, weeks, months at a time. And it's usually only a few lines of the song, so I quoted them here.

Pg 11: Dreams - not that I can ever remember them Tongue
I loved the quote I drew a picture frame around.
"Follow your dreams. Except the one where you fly. That never ends well."

Pg 12: My TO DO crafts page

My book list. I have about 10 pages with 300 books listed. I went overboard on the black lines which i'm not happy about. So i'm ignoring decorating these pages for a while.

Notes on books I read. I decided to write them on lined yellow paper.

Collage of things I want.

My pathetic hole punch dot page.

Thanks for looking!! And the inspiration!! Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009 06:23:21 PM by beckashell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bexster
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2009 07:04:44 AM »

I have been browsing this site for a few weeks now and decided I would join up after being so inspired by your journals, I have been planning on starting one for a while, especially since becoming a mom but the thought of a blank page to fill everyday kinda put me off, I can see this being something I enjoy adding to each day and a good way to give me a little down time after the babies are in bed, I love all your idea's
THIS ROCKS   Logged

junsuina

Waking Up Famous

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2009 07:36:15 AM »

Here's a really cool idea. Ever since my boyfriend I went to a park for a picnic, playing on his guitar, feeding the birds and reading poetry, we've come up with a little game based on a poem, by Elizabeth Barret Browning.

You know, the poem that goes, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways..

Well we'd text each other starting with that famous words for e.g.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways,

#1. How you always say you'll stop spoiling me rotten but you still end up spoiling me.

So I THINK my boyfriend is compiling all of the thing's we've said to each other in a book, actually I'm 100% sure. Smiley He always said I'm pyschic.

Oh and I bet he's going to include in all our "Starbucks Moments" we've had. Its basically where we find time to go to Starbucks or any good coffee place and talk and talk and talk.. and realising that we always find something new about each other.

I guess what I'm saying is too start a shared journal with someone you love or do a journal to give them on those special anniversaries. maybe once he's done with the journal and given it to me I might post it, that is if that's what he's working on, my psychic powers aren't always accurate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2009 11:57:55 AM »

Here's a really cool idea. Ever since my boyfriend I went to a park for a picnic, playing on his guitar, feeding the birds and reading poetry, we've come up with a little game based on a poem, by Elizabeth Barret Browning.

You know, the poem that goes, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways..

Well we'd text each other starting with that famous words for e.g.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways,

#1. How you always say you'll stop spoiling me rotten but you still end up spoiling me.

So I THINK my boyfriend is compiling all of the thing's we've said to each other in a book, actually I'm 100% sure. Smiley He always said I'm pyschic.

Oh and I bet he's going to include in all our "Starbucks Moments" we've had. Its basically where we find time to go to Starbucks or any good coffee place and talk and talk and talk.. and realising that we always find something new about each other.

I guess what I'm saying is too start a shared journal with someone you love or do a journal to give them on those special anniversaries. maybe once he's done with the journal and given it to me I might post it, that is if that's what he's working on, my psychic powers aren't always accurate.

That is so sweet!! Now I just need to find myself a BF... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

junsuina

Waking Up Famous

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2009 08:37:45 PM »

That is so sweet!! Now I just need to find myself a BF... Tongue

Lol. Thanks. Smiley I wanted to have a journal with my best friend but she's not just the sort who keeps a journal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karizmatic
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2009 08:57:55 PM »

i love this idea!!! my journaling is currently influenced by my years in corporate america - looks pretty much like a calendar and todo list. grrr. i am inspired by your ideas. now, if i can just take these leaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tiny Gift Bag Pouch
Happy Birthday, Harry!
Meatless Monday: Quinoa Stuffed Onions

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...