A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
234 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help with the clover wrap  (Read 1478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
michelle2007
« on: September 02, 2007 07:23:10 AM »

I wonder if anyone who has made the clover wrap can offer some help. I'm a little confused with the pattern description, on the right front i see there have been corrections made on the official site and the number of stitches have changed, but i don't seem to match them up the stitches after the increases are made to reduce as much as described and still follow the pattern.

The corrections here:

Right front:

Pattern reads: Inc 1 st at waist edge of next row, then every following 7th row 6 times more 94(107, 120, 133, 146) sts

Pattern should say: Inc 1 st at waist edge of next row, then every following 7th row 6 times more 64(73, 86, 98, 112) sts

But the pattern i'm looking at does not match up with the corrections, and nothing else is corrected on this particular piece.

Am i missing something, i'm not sure what i should be doing for the right front now... am in need of some expert knitter advice  Grin

Thanks to anyone who may be able to point me in the right direction.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michelle2007
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007 05:21:27 AM »

I went ahead and did the right front piece as directed from the book as the corrections for the pattern didn't make sense. I'm doing the large size, and on the part i was confused says i should have 133 stitches, and the corrections stated there should be 98... i just don't know how the pattern jumps down to them stitches, unless a big chunk is missing.

Well, did the right front and its much longer than the back piece. I guess i could do my own corrections, but this is my first sweater and not advanced enough to make them changes, so it is alittle frustrating that the pattern isn't reading right. I will have to think about what to do or come across something somewhere... i really love this sweater so i'm determined to get it right  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eja615
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007 04:14:08 PM »

I'm late to the party...

But, I know many people who have knit this have had many frustrations.  I found this blog, which may help you:

http://www.knitthehellup.com/?cat=12

Googling "lucky clover wrap" (with the quotation marks) yielded a plethora of blogs of people who have knit this.  The designer also has a blog, you might poke around that a little.  I think it's neoknits.blogspot.com.

I've been meaning to knit this for ages, but just haven't gotten around to it!  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michelle2007
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007 07:22:32 PM »

Thanks  Smiley

The link to the blog site has really helped, glad to know it isn't just me that the neckline on the clover wrap came up with some errors, and the site gives the solution, phew! lets hope this works  Smiley

Thanks again for the help  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...